• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PC Software On Mac

V

vmcvay123

OK I am making the jump to Mac....I do to much graphics based work to
deal with all the problems I face on the PC. My only issue is software.
I have large amounts of Adobe Software on my PC. What is my best course
of action? Should I sell it all and get Mac or is there anyway to run it on
OSX?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you are getting an Intel based Mac then you can simply install WinXP (via Bootcamp) and use the Mac as a dual boot machine. If you want to leave the Windows world behind all together you will have to get new Mac software. Be advised, none of the Adobe products are Mac Intel native yet and will run under an emulator. You may notice a speed hit over your PC software. The Adobe products should be updated to Intel Mac native in 2007, but no firm release date has been given.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Buy an Intel Mac and use BootCamp to install Windows on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.