Almost ready to buy..

M

MarteDVX

Well, I have decided to go with a refurbished Powerbook for $1599. I think for right now this is what I want. I was debating over the Macbook Pro so much, but for what I need right now it just isn't something I should get. I have about $2599 to spend and I think buying a refurbished Powerbook and upgrading the ram and buying some accessories is a wise decision. I was wondering if Apple would install the ram if I purchase a stick of it on their site. I'm not sure if they would do that with a refurbished item. If anyone knows about this can you let me know. Thank you! :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
installing ram in a g4 p'book is so easy your dog could do it. dont pay apple anything for your memory, purchase it from someplace like newegg.com or crucial.com or any other place you might wnat to go in order to get memory.

if i were you i would go for the MBP....newer, faster, more technologically advanced, can run windows if you run across the need to do so, brighter screens etc.etc. etc.
-chris

OP
M

MarteDVX

Ok yeah, I wasn't sure on where to find Ram, I will try those sites. I was really considering the MBP, but I just keep hearing all these problems, and I am scared I will run into them, or worse, theres a problem but I don't even know about it. I have never used a mac, only seen my friend use his PB. I just figured getting a PB would be smart because they have all the kinks worked out and I won't run into any problems. Buying a MBP right now makes me very nervous, I don't know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.