Downloaded music not appearing on iPad Air 2!

Reaction score
I downloaded a load of files for free but only the music files are showing on my iPad...

How can I put the rest of the mp3s onto my iPad???

The majority of what I downloaded I can't put on my iPad!

I'm using windows 10,

Please help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open the Windows version of iTunes on your PC. If you don't have iTunes, we suggest downloading it and installing. It's free by the way. Once iTunes is running on your PC, select music and then drag and drop all the mp3 files to iTunes. Once they're all in iTunes, attach your iPad Air 2. It should appear as a small icon below the top menu. Select summary, then sync all your mp3 files to the iPad. It will overwrite any mp3 files that are already on the iPad so make sure that everything you want on the iPad is there in iTunes including those music files you already have on the iPad.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks,

iTunes won't let me drop and drag but I went to 'open' folder and opened the download folder....currently converting files to different format in iTunes.

I'm hoping ALL the files will transfer to iTunes.

If I sync it syncs some files then says error -54!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That error along with an error 36 is an i/o error which means some of the data from the mp3 can't be read. I run into that all the time when trying to sync music off home made CDs that we create in our business. Not much you can do about it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok.

I went to 'add folder to library' but not ALL the music has gone to iTunes...

Why is this and how do I put the rest of my files onto my iPad?

iTunes shows 90 gig of files But only 30 gig went on my iPad.

It showed NO error code this time....

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It sounds like you don't have enough free space on the iPad to sync the additional 90 Gb of data. iTunes will sync your entire library if everything is checked off and there is enough room. If space is getting tight, what I have had to do on occasion is reset the iDevice using iTunes and then sync. That has its hazards though because unless you have your apps and other data backed up, some of it might be lost. Always make a backup first.

OP
S
Reaction score
It sounds like you don't have enough free space on the iPad to sync the additional 90 Gb of data. iTunes will sync your entire library if everything is checked off and there is enough room. If space is getting tight, what I have had to do on occasion is reset the iDevice using iTunes and then sync. That has its hazards though because unless you have your apps and other data backed up, some of it might be lost. Always make a backup first.

To be honest, I don't want to ask how to back up and take that risk....

I have 80gig free on my iPad.

If it makes any difference the music files have gone onto the iPad, but less than half of my SELF DEVELOPMENT files have gone onto my iPad?!?

I've created a 'self development' folder and separated it from my 'music' files, then I will try to sync the rest of the 'self development' files that aren't transferring...

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
I have 30 gig of music and 90 gig of self development in my iTunes library.

Only 40 gig of those files (music/self development) will go on my iPad.

Why is it my iPads 128 gig won't fill up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.