Three Photos Issues

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
IWT...thanks but I have an LG G3

I tried selecting each photo individually, tried selecting all and tried just selecting one photo and the wheel just spins so I cannot get past suggestion #9.

Thank you for posting back. Much appreciated.

I don't think the type of phone matters if it has a camera - I could be wrong because I've never tried it; but my understanding is that any "camera" will be recognised by Image Capture.

Just so that I'm clear in my mind, macular; how far did you get before the spinning wheel? Did you get Image Capture to open? Did you see your pictures listed as thumbnails? I'm guessing "yes" to all of these from your statement.

The spinning wheel starts - when you select a picture or only when you attempt to Import it? I'm trying to get to the exact "sticking point".

Thanks

Ian

OP
M
Reaction score
IWT-THanks for your help!

Yes to all of the above.

I unplugged the phone last night and this morning, Image Capture was saying that import was canceled due to phone being unplugged.

Plugged it in again this morning and selecting Import All and it quickly imported all to the desktop. Tried to select all and moved them into the folder that I had created on my desktop. I would like to move them into Photo but when I click on the icon, a little box appears stating "closing the library".

I believe that I need to experiment more but do not have time since I need to run off to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Oh, perhaps your are using a large screen desktop device. I make do with a 12.5" MBP. When real estate is limited a lot of these system options become essentials.

Yes Rod, my iMac 27" display does help. ;D

And even my old 15" MBPro usually provides me with enough space.

I sometimes will use the minimize app window shortcut and/or hide a running app if space is tight or just too cluttered and distracting.

Nice to have all the various choices a user might need the OS can provide for the user to use eh??? :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

OP
M
Reaction score
Still, every time I click on the Photo icon, a small window appears stating "Closing the library..."

It goes away when I open anything else.

It would be nice to transfer my latest photos from the folder on my desktop into Photos so that I can view and edit them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It would be nice to transfer my latest photos from the folder on my desktop into Photos so that I can view and edit them.

You can leave them where they are and just use the Preview.app to open them and do some editing etc.

I thought just dragging the folder of images onto the Photos.app icon or into its library sidebar is supposed to also "transfer" them.

- Patrick
==========

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Patrick,

You have gone straight to the nub of the matter. Macular, after great difficulty and patience, finally got Image Capture to import his pictures to the Desktop. But, every effort to Import to Photos has failed. (including Image Capture.)

Macular has tried drag/drop to the Photos icon in the Dock; has tried opening Photos > File > Import - all apparently to no avail. Photos closes or there is the perpetual spinning ball.

26 posts and we can't get to the bottom of this.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have gone straight to the nub of the matter.

Thanks Ian, and my apologies for missing some of the solutions already posted.

I presume that the permissions on the "non-working for Photos" folder and enclosed images have been checked, and that they are a supported filetype???

- Patrick
======

OP
M
Reaction score
What is the "non-working for Photos" folder?

Also, nothing happens when I try to Quit or Hide Photo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is the "non-working for Photos" folder?

Also, nothing happens when I try to Quit or Hide Photo.

Sorry for the delay, I've been away and indisposed.

I was referring to the folder containing your photos that apparently wasn't working for you.

I don't know about your second question unless "Photo" was busy doing something to prevent it being quit.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to hear you seem to have solved the problem.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.