help with networking issue

D

dpixel8

So, heres the deal:

We have a fileserver here at the office, that all machines have to login to to open/view files. then also a login for PC Maclan, and the email machine, a g3. So, now with the new G5, Everytime I want to go into the fileserver, i have to relogin. Why is this? I tell it each time "Add to keychain", but it seems to not remember this. Anyone know how to make this setup so that once I put the password in at startup, it stays in until the machine is shut down again? Thanks in advance for the help on this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Try going through the "Connect to Server" (command+k in finder) under the Go Menu. Ive had some trouble getting it to remember usernames and passwords in keychain access with networks too.

OP
D

dpixel8

Anyone else have a fix for this? I had already tried this and it didnt seem to work. Is this a bug? Or a networking issue. Unfortunatly I am not just the designer, I am also the network admin. heh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.