• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New Apple commercials

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' MacBook 2.2Ghz 1Gb Ram 120Gb ,iMac G3 CRT 600 Mhz 512 Ram 60Gb Broken iBook G4, stolen Nano
New Mac Ads

I caught the Wall Street Journal ad tonight during 24.

There are six in total, all can be found here:
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

My favorite is Restarting.:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
I liked networking.. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Those are some slick adds!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
The networking one was great but really they are all great. These are easily some of the best ads they have produced in a long time, could be really effective since they are addressing PC users directly for once.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
The Awesome, Awesome, Computer Review... Weekly, Journal...

Reaction score
I don't like them.
Why not make adds that tell you how cool Macs and Mac OSX are.
I dont think Ads. like that are effective. I think they just make Apple look like the have a inferior complex.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I caught one during Prison Break last night. Good stuff. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
they are very clever and very creative, but do show a bit of "little dog" syndrome. i agree they should concentrate on what they do well and not what everyone else is lacking.

but i guess Apple is the little dog :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
scooter said:
i agree they should concentrate on what they do well and not what everyone else is lacking.
Thats exactly how i feel about political campaigns. think about it, the first presidential candidate that makes his commercials all about the good stuff he can bring to the table will have twice the commercials. Everyone will know the good and the bad of one candidate and nothing about the other one, who would you vote for? I'd go for the one that i knew something about

Reaction score
I saw the virus one last night, but I just watched all of them. They're all pretty good. I think I like restarting the best. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
I think we find them hilarious because we know what the ads are talking about and "get" the joke. What I am worried about is that the average consumer is going to see these ads and go, "Huh?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
thats exactly what they should be advertising - their macs and not just the ipods and itunes etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Jeremy W said:
The guy that plays the "Mac" on the PC vs Mac ad is the guy from the movie "Waiting".

He plays the guy who gets offered the ast. Manager job then quits at the end.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0519043/

He also played in Jeepers Creepers before he did Waiting (Which I was really disappointed with)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
well at least they are advertising again. i like the comercials but i feel they should be used in conjunction with another series of ads which just concentrates on features and models.

-chris

L

lil

They're OK—not bad, not amazing.

They are very much like the switcher ads in terms of execution.

Video is one thing I don't know about a great deal, but wouldn't ads showing off very quickly how slickly iLife works and so forth like a Mac in actual action also be good rather than ads that retain this big '?' what a really Mac is?

Just being devil's advocate here. And yes, they do compare to a Windows PC—but Apple has seemingly always done this, and yet market share is at around 2-3% worldwide. Apple should perhaps invest in some positive campaigning that does not see the need to rub Windows' face in it all the time which can be construed as a little immature by some, and rather work from the standpoint that the Mac is different, interoperable but should be justified and judged upon its own merits, rather than merely being the solution to Windows' inadequacies.

The iPod advertising is a case in point. Have they gone out of their way to poo poo the Creative Zen or other manufacturer's offerings and then gone off to rubbish Windows Media Player via proxy? Nuh uhh. They concentrated on it being a good product on its own merits—you be the judge.

If Mac advertising has worked—then why does the Macintosh still have a small market share proportionally?

Just my two cents.

Oh and how about actually showing these ads more in countries outside of the US like here in the UK.

Vicky

L

lil

I posted this in the other thread to do with these, may as well post here too

They're OK—not bad, not amazing.

They are very much like the switcher ads in terms of execution.

Video is one thing I don't know about a great deal, but wouldn't ads showing off very quickly how slickly iLife works and so forth like a Mac in actual action also be good rather than ads that retain this big '?' what a really Mac is?

Just being devil's advocate here. And yes, they do compare to a Windows PC—but Apple has seemingly always done this, and yet market share is at around 2-3% worldwide. Apple should perhaps invest in some positive campaigning that does not see the need to rub Windows' face in it all the time which can be construed as a little immature by some, and rather work from the standpoint that the Mac is different, interoperable but should be justified and judged upon its own merits, rather than merely being the solution to Windows' inadequacies.

The iPod advertising is a case in point. Have they gone out of their way to poo poo the Creative Zen or other manufacturer's offerings and then gone off to rubbish Windows Media Player via proxy? Nuh uhh. They concentrated on it being a good product on its own merits—you be the judge.

If Mac advertising has worked—then why does the Macintosh still have a small market share proportionally?

Just my two cents.

Oh and how about actually showing these ads more in countries outside of the US like here in the UK.

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.