iPhone 5 wiped by a 4 year old !!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys, do you know of anyway i iPhone can be restored without a backup,

My 4 year old entered the passcode too many times and my phone has been wiped, !

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

There are a number of different applications that can restore iPhone data after it has been wiped. None of them are cheap though. Give this application a look and see if you want to pay the price.

Also, are you sure that you haven't been locked out of your iPhone 5 in addition to it being wiped?

OP
M
Reaction score
hi the phone has now is a new phone mode i.e compleately blank, when i try the different recovery software out there, they only let me see the current state of the phone,

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My 4 year old entered the passcode too many times and my phone has been wiped, !

Did your 4 year-old enter the password correctly or incorrectly too many times (your post doesn't make that clear)?

"Incorrectly" is usually the problem area. And if the passcode is entered incorrectly too many times...this usually locks the phone up for a certain amount of time until the PW can be entered again. The more times the PW is entered incorrectly...the longer the wait time.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/happens-enter-wrong-password-iphone-many-times-69874.html

https://9to5mac.com/community/incredible-iphone-is-disabled-try-again-in-23614974-minutes/

- Nick

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your iPhone 5 has been reset by iTunes to new phone mode and updated with iOS, there is no way to restore the data that was wiped. However, any applications that you purchased from the iTunes App Store can be downloaded again without paying for it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I do suggest you turn on iCloud backup. It is free and would have saved you when the phone was wiped. My husband who is older than 4 - but I do wonder at times, manages to do things to his iphone that I am sure even Apple would be amazed at. How I do not know and having gone through many misadventures with his iphone, I don't even ask. I just reset the phone and do a restore. Everything is back and good as new. ;)

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I do suggest you turn on iCloud backup. It is free and would have saved you when the phone was wiped. My husband who is older than 4 - but I do wonder at times, manages to do things to his iphone that I am sure even Apple would be amazed at. How I do not know and having gone through many misadventures with his iphone, I don't even ask. I just reset the phone and do a restore. Everything is back and good as new. ;)

Lisa

;) Just been on holiday with a friend who is the same - complete technophobe who also refuses to read instructions. She told me she couldn't use her tablet any longer because she'd cancelled the expensive contract for cellular connection. What about wifi, asks me; doesn't have wifi she replies. Er, I think it will!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.