Shocked to see my post / request for help on Mac OS cancelled / deleted???

Reaction score
Just under 1 week ago I posted here "The ultimate source for your Mac" for help with Mac OS thinking that this was the place to come for help and assistance. I was shocked to see my thread deleted and a message from an Administrator saying it was a “User Issue” with no offer or help. Well okay if it is a user issue then is this not the place to come for help and support?

Just to confirm I have been having unusual behavior on my Mac and I even have in writing (Copy of email) from an Apple Senior Support Adviser it is unexpected behavior and all this is after twice now the system has been wiped clean and fresh Mac OS installed, once by myself and once by the Apple Store who also removed the Drive Partitions before wiping the drive.

About myself – I work offshore as an Electro Technical Officer and take care of all the Electronics which include the IT equipment and once wrote a full Database package in C++ for a Video Rental Store, so I do know my IT reasonably well however none of my Work has involved Apple Mac OS and so this is why I came here for some help.

If anyone would be kind enough to help me then I have now uploaded my clips to youtube in hope someone can help and I would be more that grateful for their assistance because at this stage even Apple are struggling with how to fix the issues I’m having.

Thanks in Advance
Phil

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

According to our data base, this is your first post. We have no record of any deletion or removal of your post.

If you would explain your problem for us in detail while providing information about your Mac and which version of OS X it's running we will try to help if possible.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@Charlie,

I think the thread he is referring to is one that came up a few days ago in the moderator area. I'll send you a PM with the link.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Chscag,

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm having quite a few issues and would like to point you towards some screen recordings I have made now on YouTube so you can see for your own eyes however I'm not sure if I can do that here as my last post was deleted.

Can I please confirm I am pro-Apple and have had iPhones 3,4,5,6 & 7, iPad 2 and iPad Air 2 and Mini and MacAir and never had any problems up until a couple of months ago.

I would just like some Apple Expert help to resolve my issues. As I say Apple have confirmed in writing its unusual behaviour but so far have failed to resolve or even give a reason what is causing them or why I have the issues.

My concern is that as no Virus, Malware or Adware has ever been found plus I only reinstalled Apps only from the App Store, didn't restore my Mac from any Backups then what can be causing it?

If and I say if a hacker has found a way in to my system then surely it would be in Apple and ever Mac users interest to have the doorway the hacker is using shut?

I would be happy to post a link to my videos providing this doesn't get me deleted and ignored. If it is a user issue then fine, please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can rectify things my end?

A quick example of 3 things I have that according to Apple are incorrect is

1: I get a padlock showing if I go to Settings > Network. Apparently there shouldn't be a padlock showing

2: I can change all permissions on the main Mackintosh HD drive without undoing the padlock

3: I get refused permission to save a file to the Desktop even though when I click get info on the Desktop it shows I have full read / write access.

I have screen recordings of all the above and more. Please maybe someone can actually view my screen recordings first of what is going on before just dismissing my thread.

I Would be most grateful if someone can help me. All I want is my system back to normal

Thanks again in Advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
A padlock shows the machine, or a partition or some files, hav e been encrypted via File Vault at some stage and you need the password, not admin password, to it. There are adware and malware for Mac OS X, and recommend using Malwarebytes for Mac, link below.

Not knowing what model Mac you are discussing, nor the operating system, makes it doubly difficult. Does anyone have access to your whatever Mac and by chance was it a used machine when you purchasedc it? I am reluctant to ask personal details as these things can happen with relationship breakdowns.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

OP
P
Reaction score
Hiya Harryb,

Many thanks for your reply.

My MacAir was new when purchased in Sept 2014

It's a 13inch I5 with 256gb SSD and 4gb Ram and running macOS Sierra 10.12.4 which is the latest as far as I'm aware. It's also still covered under AppleCare but as it's passed all hardware diagnostics every time then it would appear to be a Software / OS issue rather than hardware issue.

Full Virus and Malware scans were done with Bitmedic which is a paid antivirus app from Apple's App Store and Malwarebytes was downloaded and ran whilst screen sharing with an Apple Tech and neither found any Virus or Malware. I also then downloaded a paid version of AVG Zen which I use on my Windows machines which also found no Virusses etc.

Since the wipe clean and fresh install only Apps from the App Store were downloaded with the exception of Google Chrome which Apple agreed was safe to download.

Because of the strange behaviour returning immediately after the wipe clean and fresh MacOS install I am currently at a loss as to why it is acting strangely. I had been hoping the fresh install would of fixed my issues.

Filefault is not switched on by the way.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards
Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
There can't ber any viruses because there aren't any so suggest uninstallling and as far as the App Store goes selling it ~ are you aware of that old Ancient Rome business philosophy 'a buck is a buck is a buck'. That also applies to the App Store>

Malwarebytes for Mac is great. The padlockis tell its own story. Have a read of this link and is this the padlock you are seeing?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204455

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Phil

I think that just about the only thing I don't see mentioned in your struggle, is to create a new User account with Admin privileges.

Then see if the odd behaviour is reproduced or not.

If it is not, try that out for a while and, when you are sure that all your apps are working and your files are accessible and so on, then use that new account to remove the current dodgy one.

Would others see this as a reasonable idea?

Ian

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Harryb,

Thanks again for your reply, it is very much appreciated.

The padlock is not as you would suggest in your link. Malwarebytes also still doesn't find any problems and I would agree that there are no virusses which is why I'm struggling to find why this is happening.

One reason why I have felt my system is being hacked rather than any Malware or Virus is because the problems I have all seem to be focussed on messing me around and then stopping me reaching out for help, almost as if someone can see my screen as I'm using my Mac which is a scary thought indeed.

Even when signing up to this forum I had the email asking me to confirm my email address by clicking the link which I did but it only took me back to my inbox and when I clicked on it then when logging back in to the forum it said I hadn't confirmed my email address and I have a screen recording of that happening if that would be okay to share here?

The only way I managed to confirm my email address was to copy the text of the link and paste it in to the browser.

As I've mentioned before my screen recordings are MP4 and okay when done but later corrupt for no reason unless I manage to save the clip to my Google Drive where it then stays safe and playable. Also when using QuickTime to trim the clip / screen recording to the part that is of interest it has stopped me saving the clip to the Desktop saying I don't have access even though I'm the only user and get info shows I have full read write access. QuickTime as we know is part of the Mac OS and not even a downloaded app! Again the issue here seems too focused on stopping me reach out for help and I have all these problems screen recorded for proof if someone just wouldn't mind having a quick look rather than just dismiss what I am saying?

What really threw me the other day was when trying to upload one of my screen recordings to my Google Drive from my Mac it kept coming up with network error even though there were no network errors reported by my network monitor app or router. So next I airdropped the clip from my Mac to my iPhone 7 which airdropped okay but when I selected that video clip and then the rectangle box with arrow for my options of what to do with the clip then normally I get 9 different options and Google Drive is one of the options however this time all my options had disappeared except 1 option of YouTube. Again I have screenshots of that. Then later when I had finally managed to upload the clip from my Mac to Google Drive then when I selected it on my iPhone suddenly all my 9 options including google drive were back and I have the screenshots again to show this.

It all seems to coincidental to me to just be coincidence and like I say I'm just asking for help and would ask some experts to view some of the screen recordings of what has been going on before being too judgemental and if it is something I am doing wrong then please tell me / help me?

It's got to the point now with Apple Senior Advisors whilst they admit in an email it is unexpected behaviour they just want to keep wiping the system clean and fresh install of Mac OS even though that has been done twice with no improvements and of course every time that is done it takes several hours rebuilding iTunes etc.

Thanks again for your time and help
Regards
Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7, 8GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, High Sierra; iPad 3rd Gen, 32 GB, iOS 9; iPhone 5E, 64 GB, iOS 11
Sorry, I'm confused. You keep mentioning "having issues" but instead of listing all you have done, may I please have a refresher on the issues you are experiencing and as much detail as possible? Which apps, which conditions, etc.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Phil

Have you tried my suggestion in post #9?

Ian

OP
P
Reaction score
Hiya,

Thanks for your interest. The main problems I’m having is with the Mac OS it’self. A few examples are below however this is not a complete list. I do have screen recordings / screenshots of all of this which can be viewed on my Youtube Channel. I’m slightly reluctant to paste a link here because my first post here with a link was immediately removed without any help / advice being offered to me. If a Administrator or Moderator can confirm if it’s okay to post links to my screen recordings on Youtube then I would be happy to do so.

I would like to confirm also that until a few months ago I have been using Apple products for many years and never had any issues or problems, however now it’s acting strangely and even after wipe clean and fresh Mac OS installs the strangeness comes back. In no particular order

1: When I restart MAC the screen flashes funny and I am told the Mac needed to restart to install updates but when I click show updates then none were actually installed.

2: Permissions can be changed without undoing the Padlock even on the main Drive
3: A Padlock shows up where it shouldn’t if I go to Settings > Network

4: When using Quicktime to trim a screen recording clip it then refuses me permission to save to the desktop saying I don’t have permission even though I am the only user with guest user switched off and when I click Get Info on the Desktop it shows I have full read write access. I even give “Everyone” full read write access and still get tole I do not have permission.

5: After downloading Google Chrome and running for the first time I click on it in the dock and say Keep in dock. Then a short while later when I exit Chrome it disappears from the dock

6: iPhone 7 connected to Mac by USB and Hotspot switched on. Mac can see the iPhone as it shows up on iTunes but failes to connect to the internet.

7: Mac completely shut off even with 38% battery power showing and failed to restart until I attached power cable

8: No move to trash option when right clicking on a file

9: When right clicking and get info then clicking to “Change All” for the default player then the system only changes the file I have clicked on even though I have clicked change all.

10: After startup the wifi joined the network number 7 in my order of preference even though my home network was available. Network number 7 was a network I then needed to enter my username and password for which I done correctly but kept being told it was incorrect. I even opened pages to type my password and copy and paste it and it still said it was incorrect. BT my broadband provider could confirm my username and password were entered correctly.

11: After selecting router to join on one occasion it requested my password which I enter correctly then I get a message saying I was too far away from the router. I was about 2m from the router in the same room. Next I place the Mac right next to the router and I get the same message even though I show in the video clip that my iPhone 7 and IPad mini were connected to that router with no problems.

12: Problem when clicking link in email from this forum to confirm my email. The link only took me back to my inbox and when logging back in to this forum it said I hadn’t confirmed my email address

13: After downloading Bitmedic Antivirus from the App Store and switching it on and doing a full scan to find nothing then the Virus Protection automatically switched it’self off.

14: Security warning from internet HTTPS due to incorrect time even though this was set to automatically update from Apple. On more than one occasion I have had this and I need to go in to this and un tick the automatically set and re tick the box for it to start working correctly again.

15: After signing out of Chrome and removing all user accounts as confirmed by Chrome, when opening Chrome back up my username and password were still there making it impossible to sign out of chrome.

16: On several occasions when starting my Mac it would ask me as usual for my Password and as I say I’m the only user with Guest Browser switched off. Then a few seconds later it would go back to the log in screen and ask again for my password.

17: When scrolling say down the page for no reason the page would shoot straight back to the top of the page.

I have more instances, however these are just to give you an example. As you can see most of these are within the main Mac OS. Unfortunately I’m now getting some issues on my iPhone but only where it concerns using my iPhone to help record evidence of my Mac not working as it should so this is why I can help feel it’s a targeted attack rather than just a piece of Malware etc.

Everyones time and help is very much appreciated to getting these issues resolved.

Thanks & Regards
Phil

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try this before but it made no difference.

Thanks for your time and suggestion.

Regards
Phil

OP
P
Reaction score
Hiya Everyone,

Thanks for everyone who has contributed and offered advice.

I'm guessing by the lack of suggestions so far that everyone on here is just as confused / surprised as I have been ad the Apple Senior Advisers have been?

Does anyone else please have any suggestions?

Thanks
Phil

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks to few those that have suggested things to try.

However I'm guessing the lack of suggestions / advice / help is because all the "Experts" on here that have read this thread have been the same as me and Apple Senior Advisors which is at a loss as to why I am getting the unexpected behaviour, especially after 2 wipe cleans and 2 fresh MacOS installs and only Apps from the App store, Mac set up as new not from a back up and even not got round to putting my files back on to the HD yet.

I haven't posted any links to all the recordings I have on youtube showing proof of all the issues as when I done that on my first post then my post was deleted. I am happy to send to anyone though by private message if that is possible and if anyone is interested in.

Only thing I can say is as someone that works in Electronics and IT (Myself), I haven't seen anything like this before, Senior Apple Advisors agree it's not expected behavior, no experts on here are able to help then I can't help think my gut feeling of this must be a result of being hacked in realtime on my Apple products. You can all make your own decisions / opinions on this.

Thanks again to those that have tried to help.

Best Regards
Phil

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Please post the URL's to the videos. I Will assure you, your post will not be deleted.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Dennis,

Many thanks. I know the below is long winded however I've tried to be as thorough as I can and set it out as a timeline of events. I'm totally at a loss and still cant help think it some kind of hack, however that said if I was on a windows machine I think I would be in a whole world of trouble now as they are so much more vulnerable!

Okay thanks for your interest again. I have tried to layout below in a bit of an order of what has been happening as it developed to try and help anyone see how things have developed and how strange things have been. I do work in Electronics and IT, however at work I don’t use Apple products and so this is my weaker area of knowledge. Some clips as Apple pointed out to me were actually expected behavior, however many are not as Apple confirmed to me in writing.

Due to things acting strangely I started to either screen record or use my iPhone 6 as a video camera to record things to try and then show Apple so they can see with their own eyes rather than trying to understand what I was saying. I then spent hours and hours compiling these and sending them to Apple before reaching out on this Forum and Youtube as you can see in the date of the email from Apple confirming unexpected behaviour and the dates I uploaded to youtube / joined this Forum. Ultimately I only want my devices to work how they should work and in a secure way with expected behaviour and I’m not out to cause Apple a bad name even if my first post that was deleted came across that way. I probably wrote that post whilst annoyed with Apple’s lack of support.

Just to confirm my MacAir is 2014 Model 13” 1.4Ghz i5 4GB DDR3 with 256GB SSD running macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and I amd the only user with Guest Browsing switched off.

I will include my iPhone 7 here if that is okay because if you follow the below timeline of events you will then see why I can’t help feel I am being hacked. Apple told me it is impossible to Hack an iPhone, however they also can’t tell me why I am getting any of the problems I am getting, so please read and have a look before jumping to any conclusions. Plus if it is a “User Issue” as I was told when posting my first post then please tell me what I am doing wrong. I’m not an Apple Expert and hence why I am here asking for help, thanks.

Okay, my first issue I started to notice was actually a small issue on my new iPhone 7 freezing up and kept needing to be rebooted. After speaking with an advisor we agreed that I should back it up, wipe it clean and set it up as a new phone and not from the back up which I agreed to do. So in order to reduce the size of the backup and time taken to do the backup I tried to switch off some items being backed up. Then as I tried to do this some items I had switched off suddenly came back on as if someone else was controlling my phone as I tried to use it. The recording of this can be seen https://youtu.be/9ALzdgiiKPs

I then called back Apple Support and they agreed on the phone to take my phone in to Apple the next day where they replaced it and this solved my iPhone problems for now, however issues later materialize as you will see later.
Moving on to my MacAir I then noticed that every time I shut my Mac down when restarting instead of restarting in the normal way it was taking a lot longer. On some occasions after entering my password on the startup screen a few seconds later I was then asked to enter my password again, however unfortunately I don’t have a recording of that. I do have a recording though of the start up and you can see that there is a strange flash half way through the start up which takes longer than usual and also I then get told updates have been installed even though none had and when I clicked details this actually confirmed no updates had been installed. A recording of this is here https://youtu.be/kt0Lu1pPODE

Next my Mac stopped for no reason. When I say stopped the screen went black and keyboard lights went out for no apparent reason except I had strange things going on with it and had been screen recording them. By a total crash this meant I lost my screen recording. I did record the startup though and this was strange indeed and took over 2 minutes to boot and eventually came back online with 38% battery power so the battery wasn’t to fault for the crash. This can be seen https://youtu.be/sZlciQZuf48

Now I also noticed that there was a Padlock showing under settings > network which Apple agreed shouldn’t be there however you can see it here https://youtu.be/l-6VVMOw1rQ

Next I noticed then when clicking on a video file and clicking “Get Info” and then changing what program to open the video with and also clicking “Change All” it still only changed the file I clicked on as can be seen in the recording here where I try and change the default player for all MP4 files https://youtu.be/uoIokKnBHCk

At this stage I spoke with Apple and we discussed wiping my Mac clean and reinstalling the MacOS which I agreed was a good idea and leading up to this I tried to sign out of Chrome which as you can see in these 2 recording was impossible. Even after I clicked remove user and it confirmed that all data was removed when I opened up a chrome window my username and password will still stored which made it impossible for me to sign out of Chrome, sorry for the recording quality however you can just make out what I done and clicked on and it should of removed my account details. https://youtu.be/kd4zj2XCNgs and https://youtu.be/urM5IcQqx2I

So next before doing a fresh install even though I never had any virus issues with my Mac I thought I’d download a paid virus scanner from Apples webstore so I chose Bitmedic as it also scanned for Adware. After this downloaded and installed I noticed “Live Protection” kept getting switched off after I switched it on, again almost as if something was switching it off and can be seen https://youtu.be/j_ZkrJMOPhc

As expected Bitmedic didn’t find any Viruses or Adware or later using Malwarebytes no Malware hence I can’t help think the only thing to be causing all this is due to a hacker.

So a last check of security and I found that Permissions even on my Mackintosh HD could be changed without undoing the Padlock https://youtu.be/e67wSytzCWo This is what I would term a “security breach” because if I had a padlock on a door but I could in effect open the door without undoing the padlock then the security isn’t working. Apple keep saying it’s all coincidence and software glitches!. After a fresh OS install I quickly checked and found it worked correctly here and even when I set “Everyone” and added myself to the Mackintosh HD to have full read write access it requested my password to be able to change permissions, this I believe is correct which shows what was happening before is a security issue https://youtu.be/OeFE4LWAyZw

At this point I backed up my files to a standalone HDD and started with CMD R, done a Wipe Clean and Reinstall MacOS hoping this would solve my issues. Unfortunately it did not and issues came straight back even though I hadn’t restored my Mac from a backup or even load any of my files back on to it yet.

First strange thing was after clicking on my home broadband network and entering the password my Mac informed me that I was too far away from the router when I was sitting about 3m away from it so I set my Mac right next to the router and recorded me trying to connect again and was told the same error even though my iPhone 7 and iPad mini was connected to that router which I show in the video clip which can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa19vSkjh7E

I then took my Mac Air to an Apple Store where an Apple “Genius” removed all HDD partitions, wiped clean my SSD and reinstalled Mac OS. Following this we agreed that I would only set up my Mac as a new Mac and not from a backup and also I would only install Apps from their App Store and Google Chrome. I also didn’t put any of my music, pictures or videos etc back on the MAC and would try using it for general surfing etc for a week to see how things went. Immediately later that same day as soon as I got home strange things started to happen.
At first I now had no padlock on my Network Settings but within hours the padlock returned to my network settings which Apple themselves say isn’t correct https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfeXlBiDGb8

Next suddenly when I quit Google Chrome it disappeared from the dock even though i had set it up to stay in the dock. Luckily for me I leave the screen recorder running at all times and so I checked my recording of setting up chrome and it clearly showed me setting it up to stay in the dock and also the recorder was running when it disappeared which can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1XdhWpok4

Now bearing in mind this is a freshly cleaned and MacOS installed system my “best friend” here is to help record what is happening so I can show Apple so they can best help me is my Screen Recorder. Now just as some real strange stuff has happened and recorded my recorder crashes for no reason and corrupts the recording which wiped out some activity on my screen that looked like someone else was in charge of my Mac. The screen recorder crash is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvMSxaA_A30

Next I try to upload some of my screen recordings to my Google drive because I notice on my Mac they are becoming corrupt for no reason, even though they are actually being recorded on my Mac. So I try to upload to my Google Drive and I’m connected to my home broadband internet connection which was working fine but my files fail to upload. I then connect my iPhone 7 to my Mac by USB and even switch on my hotspot also to connect to the internet. As you can see in this clip, iTunes clearly seen the phone but when trying to connect to the internet it wouldn’t let me and in network settings it didn’t even show the iPhone as connected. Again I can’t help feel this is very targeted at trying to stop me get some proof / evidence of what is happening to me out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFR8DImdBpQ&t=12s

Now again I for the first time since the wipe clean and fresh installation I try to sign out of Chrome and again get the same problem of it remembering me https://youtu.be/4pTBmXZ6o2U

Next I try again to connect to the internet through my iPhone 7 though fear that I may be being hacked and it may be a securer route to the net through my iPhone’s internet connection however now when I connect the USB from my Mac to my iPhone it causes some strange activity and screen on my iPhone as can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPMk1ffUq0o

I thought the screen was strange because when I plug my phone in the the Mac normally the network name “Vodafone” normally stays in the top left and what connection it has, eg 3G or 4G so I dug out my iPhone 6 and plugged it in to the Mac and sure enough it showed the screen as it should. I only have an old PAYG sim with no little data allowance so I can’t use this to upload clips etc to my Google Drive and low and behold it acts normally as it’s no threat to a hacker in letting me upload any clips through its data connection. in here as a standby phone now I have the iPhone 7 as my main. So what is now interfering with my iPhone 7? Apple claim all this is “Coincidental” by the way and “Software Glitches” however this all seems very targeted to me. I have done a short clip of a screenshot of my iPhone 7 and iPhone 6 side by side for your reference here https://youtu.be/90WWnxU7wpo

Next as I'm working on my Mac and bearing in mind in the Apple store when they done the wipe clean and fresh MacOS install I there and then Authorised my Mac as a computer on my iTunes account so I could download my Apps etc, I suddenly get a warning my Mac is not an Authorised computer. Shocked as I was I then look at Authorised computers and it’s not listed so I then add it and it confirms that now it is an Authorised computer. I then click back on Authorised computers in my iTunes and it doesn't show my mac! Again no answers from Apple, all this is still as far as they are concerned coincidence and software glitches. Recording can be seen here https://youtu.be/-RKd7pqtkvY

Next I’m using my iPad and want to connect it to my iPhone Hotspot. I know this is not Mac however please have a look at this clip has many things wrong with it. First it shows my iPhone wifi and bluetooth on and also my iPad wifi and bluetooth on and both logged in and on same apple account so my iPad shows my iPhone in its hotspot list. NEXT IS VERY STRANGE! You can see my iPhone has WIFI switched on but not connected to any networks but when I click on a locked network that it didn’t even have the password to it straightaway connects to it, okay maybe it had the password though icloud but why wasn't it connected to it before then I click disconnect and forget network so it immediately connects to a previously known network to the iPhone so again why hadn’t it connected to this before as the wifi was on? Strange, YES! But Apple again say software glitch and coincidence! Recording can be seen here especially interesting iPhone7 between 1min 40sec and 2min 10sec https://youtu.be/WSMXIMzGiQo

I could go on and on here with more examples however if you have followed the sequence of problems and issues and proof by the way of video clips and screenshots then I think it is fair to say that what has been happening is totally unexpected and unacceptable. Regardless of my Mac still being covered by Apple Care because there is obviously flaws in the security of Apples MacOS you would think that Apple would want to resolve this but I’m getting nowhere except they want to yet again wipe my system clean and reinstall MacOS even though twice hasn’t resolved the problem.

Any help from experts here is gladly received and appreciated. If you have taken the time to also watch some clips but have no offer of help then again thanks for your time. As I say, I work in IT and no Dummy, can program in C++ etc and I’m shocked at what I’m seeing across not just my Mac but also other Apple Devices!

Thanks for you time
Phil

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I watched a few of the videos and no Mac I own looks that way especially booting up. I do have a lock in Networking on 2 of my macs I checked but it's always been unlocked. Let me do some checking here and will get back to you.

Maybe your MBA is possessed! :D

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Dennis,

Many thanks for your reply and time. Just had some more crazy behaviour on it. It shut down with over 40% power and then wouldn't restart without power cable. When it restarted it showed 1% then when charged to 7% I disconnected the cable and after it was disconnected the power went to 50% then 53% then 56% with the charger disconnected..... Hmmmm

Possessed or not (lol) Apple don't mention that their Apple Care don't cover possessed Mac's, lol so surely they need to cover this.

Thanks again for your time. It's such a shame that Apple have seen these clips, confirmed in writing that its not expected behaviour but then abandoned me and I have even needed to come here / YouTube for help. To be honest I think they are surprised, however burrying their head in the sand won't make it go away and if it is security issues then better they fix them before more are affected!

Best Regards
Phil

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.