Base Mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 imac 500mhz and 266mhz, ipod mini
hey does anybody know wether or not its possible to get an intel core duo mac mini that is like super stock. becasue i have all the hardware just not the proccsor. like would I be able to get just motherboard,proccesor,ram and i guess dvd rom? and if someone knows a place where this can be done (besides ebay) it would be greatly apprciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' MacBook 2.2Ghz 1Gb Ram 120Gb ,iMac G3 CRT 600 Mhz 512 Ram 60Gb Broken iBook G4, stolen Nano
im not sure if you can purchase the logic board seperatly but its my understanding that if you could, the price would not be that much different from a new mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Why not just order a base Mini and do the upgrades yourself?

L

lil

to_tough_to_die has the right idea—as Apple parts are not much cheaper than buying a new machine.

Are you anticipating putting in a Core Duo 1.83/2.0/2.13? If so, strongly consider the heat issue—Mac Minis have very limited airflow.

Vicky

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 imac 500mhz and 266mhz, ipod mini
Oops I seem to have made a mistake in my post. I do want the processor and motherboard just not the hard drive and maybe not the ram because I heard that apple charges alot more for ram from there store for some reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.