Sound/Speaker issue in MacBook Pro in bootcamp fixed?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Very important question. Is the boot camp speaker issue fixed? And if it is not, does it apply only on the model with the 2.7 and 455 or in all of the 15 inchers of 2016? Somebody I met had the issue on the 2.7 with the 455. Thank you all.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We haven't seen any references to a Boot Camp speaker issue with the 2016 MacBook Pro line of machines. Can you be more specific with links or an article? As an aside, Apple frequently updates the Boot Camp drivers. Usually, updates to the Boot Camp drivers can be accessed from the Windows Boot Camp Control Panel application or directly from Apple.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, thanks for the links. I remember reading about that now on MacRumors. However, Apple has since fixed that and I'm certain if problems still exist we would have heard about it by now since that was back in December of last year.

I get the feeling that you're apprehensive about buying a 2016 MacBook Pro after reading over your posts and questions about it. You can keep finding things wrong with just about any new computer if you really want. I can understand about not wishing to spend money on a new MacBook Pro that might break, but computers are machines and they do break or things go wrong with them. No computer is perfect. You need to make up your mind or start to look for something else.

OP
J
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the links. I remember reading about that now on MacRumors. However, Apple has since fixed that and I'm certain if problems still exist we would have heard about it by now since that was back in December of last year.

I get the feeling that you're apprehensive about buying a 2016 MacBook Pro after reading over your posts and questions about it. You can keep finding things wrong with just about any new computer if you really want. I can understand about not wishing to spend money on a new MacBook Pro that might break, but computers are machines and they do break or things go wrong with them. No computer is perfect. You need to make up your mind or start to look for something else.

Since you haven't heard about it then we are probably good. Not apprehensive at all. Simple logical question of a machines possible inherent malfunction and taking steps to avoid it. And what I need to do is ask for people with more experience on the two machines that I'm down at as ti which one is should pick. That is what I think I should do. Hence the joining in and asking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.