iMac RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Crucial is consistantly good ram. I have used it in my PC's for years and have never had a problem. Many OEM's use crucial ram under the name Micron. Crucial is actually a division of Micron so they are one in the same. The Dell E510 I just got came stocked with Micron ram.

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
Is Crucial Apple RAM good RAM?

Yes Crucial is very good ram, though a bit higher priced than some others that are also just as good. Corsair for example is usually cheaper yet is good quality and works just great in the Mac.

OP
L

Left Face Down

James said:
Yes Crucial is very good ram, though a bit higher priced than some others that are also just as good. Corsair for example is usually cheaper yet is good quality and works just great in the Mac.

Generally I see the opposite, Crucial less than Corsair. This is coming from some one who dropped $180 on Corsair RAM for his PC laptop and got a dead stick though. :eek:neye:

General "high end" RAM is Kingston and Corsiar... "high mid-range" are: G.Skill, Geil, Crucial, Mushkin, and Patriot.

I have more RAM knowledge for PCs, so... are they Mac compatable... who knows I've seen one review say this RAM works perfect with so and so Apple computer followed by a review saying that it didn't work on the same exact machine. I mean, would a Mac really need different RAM than a PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
The good thing about crucial though is that they will guarantee the match for your system. They also offer a lifetime warranty, however, every stick I have bought from there in the last 7 years has never needed changing.

Reaction score
Left Face Down said:
Generally I see the opposite, Crucial less than Corsair. This is coming from some one who dropped $180 on Corsair RAM for his PC laptop and got a dead stick though. :eek:neye:

General "high end" RAM is Kingston and Corsiar... "high mid-range" are: G.Skill, Geil, Crucial, Mushkin, and Patriot.

I have more RAM knowledge for PCs, so... are they Mac compatable... who knows I've seen one review say this RAM works perfect with so and so Apple computer followed by a review saying that it didn't work on the same exact machine. I mean, would a Mac really need different RAM than a PC?

What can i tell you...prices jump up and down depending on the phase of the moon it seems. I have used Corsair for years both on the pc and on the Mac. Right now i have 4 1/2 gig of Corsair in my pm 2.0 and a gig and a half in an Imac 1.8 that i gave aprox $103 per gig while Crucial was selling at about for $148 at the time. Who knows where the best price will be tomorrow. Corsair, and most good rams will give you lifetime warrantee though i have used Corsair for years in many machines and have never had a bad stick.

As far as needing "different ram" for the Mac, NO. pc3200 ram works on any system provided that is what the system was built to use, only difference being in the quality of the product, that is where name brand comes into the picture. At one time, haven't checked in a long time, i could get pc3200 Corsair Value Select for about $85 per gig, have NEVER seen Crucial at that price, though not saying it never has been. Buy your ram from a known dealer, they are the ones who will make good on problems usually, that is why i always buy from New Egg, they give good service, great prices and stand behind the product.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.