17" iMac

C

caveatipss

Do you think a 17" iMac with top specs would be OK? The screen just seems so small compared to the 22" CRT I have been using lol.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
caveatipss said:
Do you think a 17" iMac with top specs would be OK? The screen just seems so small compared to the 22" CRT I have been using lol.

I have heard and noticed that the typical Flat Panel looks larger than it's inches would indicate. If I were you though, I would go with the 20" if you can afford it. It will give you a lot more real estate to work with. When I bought my 20" iMac I tried them both and came home with the 20". For what I do I needed the extra room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
The upgrades that you get with the 20" are well worth the additional cost. If you can't afford it right now, save up another couple of weeks and spring for the 20" model. Remember, the imac is not an "upgradeable" computer so like a laptop, buy as many features as you can afford.

Reaction score
i went with the 17, kinda wish i woulda gone with the 20.... except one more call to apple and $17 later i had a VGA to mini-dvi adapter so i could plug in an old 17" CRT i had layin around.

and now i dont regret it. between the 2 monitors i have plenty of room to work. sure the 20" would be nice. but given the choice between the setup i have now, or spending $300 more to have the 20", id take the setup i have now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)
If you can afford it, go for the 20", but at the same time, don't let the 17" scare you. I went from using a 17" monitor to a 14" when I got my iBook. At first I thought it was tiny, but I quickly grew used to it and it is perfect for me. Plus, with a neat little program called Virtue I can have as many desktops as I want :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.