WiFi logged into UK ministry IP somehow... exploit hack

DTL

Reaction score
Hi,
My wife told me she had lost our home internet, I went to 192.168.1.1 and thought my internet was up, but then google didn't work... I played around, turned my my wifi on and off...but I am pretty clueless so I contacted Optimum Cablevision. They reset my router remotely.... and reset something else, maybe my wifi...

While on the phone with tech, a pop up login for optimum wifi came up and the tech told me to ignore it.

after rebooting my machine I looked again at the pop up screen and I saw a strange IP in the window.
I checked my own Network settings and found I was logged on to this IP...
I found it was an IP belonging to the UK Ministry of defense : 25.231.77.249

The reboot took a long time, when computer came up it was like I had pulled the plug on it with none of my firefox windows reloaded.
I am a little confused as to the order of things and at what point I took a screen shot, but, I attach it.
I am not sure for how long or at what point I became logged into this wifi IP but, I am running clamscam now.

I am worried what if anything might have gotten into this machine, I never used that wifi login popup from optimum.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 1.58.08 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.