retrieve the mail contents and contacts from ost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is using Exchange 2012 server. The server hard disk was found faulty, and no way to recovered. I've to setup OS, Exchange from the scratch. After server part is done, I have to move to user workstation, rejoin them to the new domain.
There are few users claimed that they got a lot mail contents and contacts kept in their previous OST file. I did tried to rename to reuse the old OST, but to no avail. is there anyway to open the OST file, as to retrieve the mail contents and contacts?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You are totally in the wrong forum for a Exchange specific questions. You really should be asking this on a Windows/Exchange specific forum..

OP
T
Reaction score
sorry, I just saw the thread Windows and that you have a good activity, so I decided to ask here.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
These forums are usually populated by questions about running Windows on a Mac and on that topic there are many members with intimate knowledge. However, Exchange delves into the realm of IT that not a lot of people here deal with. So you would get a lot more useful answers on an IT forum that deals with Windows technologies..

Reaction score
You won't be able to open the OST file directly.
Can you open Outlook? if so can you see the mailbox and everything? If so, that is the contents of that file. Export that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.