Help How to remove my company mdm profile from my MacBook

Reaction score
Hey I have a MacBook Pro it originally was sold from apple to company I work for but I don't want the restrictions on here so I tried to erase hard drive by going to disk utilities and erased the hard drive and did a new install of sierra OS X once via USB and once via online wifi from apple servers.
But even though it erased the mdm profile remained
The MacBook booted it up just fine I'm an administrator now but it keeps having a pop that says "macOS needs to repair your library to run applications" which apparently is something with the "permissions" which were switched when the new operating system was downloaded.
Secondly about once or twice a day a system preferences pop up comes up that says "would you like my company to configure your system?"

Is there anyway to permanently remove this company profile administrating this MacBook mdm profile please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
That's the way these things work. You'll need to contact your company and get their administrator to remove the restriction.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not sure what technical advice we can provide since re-installing the OS is about as destructive as you can get and if the controls from your company are still in place, you'll need their credentials to remove it. If your company owns the laptop, not sure why you would want to remove the restrictions they've placed..

If you don't work for the company and have purchased the laptop from them, they should gladly remove any restrictions if they failed to do so before allowing you to take it away..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Try this:

- Apple menu
- System Preferences
- View menu
- Select Profiles
- Select the profile you want to remove, and then press the - (minus) button.
- Click Remove to remove the profile.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hey I have a MacBook Pro …

Secondly about once or twice a day a system preferences pop up comes up that says "would you like my company to configure your system?"

Is there anyway to permanently remove this company profile administrating this MacBook mdm profile please help

What exactly in this case is the "mdm profile" referring to???

And I gather you are logged in as an admin user??? Can the other user account not be deleted???

Also, I'm wondering if there was some "key logger" type stuff installed by the company as its a REAL PITA to discover and delete.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What exactly in this case is the "mdm profile" referring to???

I think he's referring to a company profile embedded in the firmware of those machines they own and lend out to employees. He's been told here and in another forum that only his employer could remove the profile.

And a warm welcome back to the forums Patrick! Hope everything is well with you. :)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Ditto to Admin chscag's welcome, Patrick.

Great to see you back again.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks chscag and Ian for your welcome backs and concerns.

I ended up in the hospital for just over three weeks, but due to various extra complications and not really related to the surgery for the blocked intestine. Some of the problems continue while I'm at home, but more or les under control.

I didn't even get to my iMac at home and attempted some basic stuff with my iPad 2 sitting in as lazy chair and one of those rolling adjustable tables.

I'm still recovering, hopefully, but with some digressions and hopefully things will eventually get back to normal.

Health and best wishes to all.

Regards and thanks,
Patrick
=============

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
When you boot up from USB, and go into Disk Utility, you need to select the top (drive) option and not the bottom (partition). Then erase the drive, maybe partition it into a single partition too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.