Malware for macOS, another reason to avoid Adobe Flash!

Reaction score
And thanks for the post Randy. Maybe some "stamp out Flash" advocates could read and heed it and maybe learn something.
======

Well, please don't get me wrong. I do think that Flash for multimedia on Web sites should be stamped out. In fact, it is very close to being there now. If you surf the Web on an iPhone or an iPad (neither of which support Flash), it's surprising how few sites one hits that actually require Flash. Just three years ago one encountered Web sites that couldn't do without Flash routinely. In fact, it's mainly because of the iPad that so many Web sites no longer require Flash. Just after the release of the iPad, pundits thought that iPads were going to mostly replace personal computers, and Webmasters rushed to update their Web sites.

But I don't think that Flash is a security risk at this point, and there are still plenty of Web sites that continue to require Flash. If you like the news, pron, or streaming movies, you probably should have Flash installed. I think that Flash is currently safe to use, and that one can continue to use it until there is no longer any need for it.

Also, I don't think that Flash is going to disappear entirely. Flash is used in a lot of programs for children, for instance, and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. So don't look for Adobe to End Of Life Flash.

Reaction score
And yet, almost related, Apple still often ships new Macs with their mice configured to only work as a single-buttoned mouse, so some things seem to never change.

If you want to start a different thread on mice (i.e. pointing devices), I have a lot to say on the topic. I think that Apple's mice are an invitation to repetitive stress injuries. They look cool, but aren't ergonomic at all. I hear from folks all the time asking what to do about aching wrists due to using a mouse. Since my wife suffers from repetitive stress, we've tried a lot of different pointing devices and I can recommend some good ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If you want to start a different thread on mice (i.e. pointing devices), I have a lot to say on the topic.

No thanks, but I'll agree how bad Apple's mice are, at least for my use, and just leave it at that.

They just don't work well with my body due to some "body capacitance" or something I apparently don't have enough of.

My Logitech wireless USB M705 Marathon Mouse and a good quality mouse pad suits me just fine thanks and it's physical buttons work as expected and I don't have to breath on my fingers to provide some body moisture the Apple mouse may seemingly need in order to work. Besides they also have too much delay and lag if and when they might decide to work.

Anyway, enough about mice here…. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.