Best way to run multiple DVI Apple Cinema Monitors with Late 2015 Macbook Pro 15"

Reaction score
Hello,
I am brand new to MacForums. I have been a Mac user for years and am looking for a solution to a long standing problem I have been having. I currently run (3) Apple Cinema monitors off of my Late 2015 Macbook Pro 15". I do this by connecting a the Macbook Pro via the Thunderbolt cable to an OWC (Other World Computing) Thunderbolt 2 Dock - out of the Thunderbolt 2 Dock, I run one HDMI to DVI adapter for one of the monitors and I run two ioGear USB to DVI adapters which have video cards in them and utilize the Displaylink software to manage the remaining 2 monitors. The issue is that ever since the last two software upgrades were made to the Mac OS, the monitors are not consistent, do a lot of flickering, and basically are no long a robust solution. I am looking for a way to continue to use these wonderful monitors which are DVI but by limiting my connection to one thunderbolt cable out of the laptop as I take it in and out of my system daily. Does anyone have any suggestions that would make a robust and consistent connection between my Macbook Pro and the three monitors?
Thank you for the support in advance,
Scott

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have you opened the Displays preference pane and checked to make sure that something hasn't changed the resolution settings for each monitor?

I'm having a similar issue with my iMac and the problem goes away if I connect to my second monitor via HDMI. It returns immediately if I use DVI or VGA. Perhaps the type of connection involved is an issue.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Not a subject for our Lounge which is only for off topic discussions.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks Charlie. I hadn't even noticed where this was posted or I would have moved it when I posted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.