help on burning files to DVD-R and CD-R

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a new Mac Book Pro. 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
I'm brand new to mac's and so far I love my MacBook Pro. Does anyone know how I can burn copies of my files to a DVD-R so I have a back up of them all on disc? Also, can I burn MP3's to a DVD-R so they can play on any CD player that's MP3 compatible or does it have to be to a CD-R? What programs will enable me to do this that come with my mac? If there are none, what one should I buy? Thanks for the help in advance. I tried searching for the same topic but could not find it. If it's out there you'll have to excuse me, I'm Polish :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Yes you can do all of that. Unfortunately you have to buy a third party App. I am using Toast and find it great. Here are some more. Pls check whether they have Universal Binaries.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Pls check whether they have Universal Binaries."

:) uuuuuuuuuuh.....whatcho talkin about Willis?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Universal Binaries are the Apps. developed to run native on Intel based Macs. Until recently most of the software were made for Macs running on PPC processors. After Apple decided to change its processor from PPC to Intel, software developers had to rewrite codes so that their Apps. could run natively on new architecture. The once which do not run natively needs to be emulated by Rosetta which result in slow performance. So when you need an App. for an Intel based Mac look for a Universal Binary, if possible.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for clearing that up for me and for the responses! :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.