7+ and NFC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
So, just came back to apple after being a windows/android guy for a bit. Anyway, with my android, I was able to have NFC tags placed in my car and home to automatically turn on/off waze, turn on/off wifi, etc when I placed my phone near it. I remember my old iPhone was unable to do this. Can the 7 do this? My assumption is that it can't but figured I would ask those who are more knowledgeable than I.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Yeah, I googled those too. Both are dated in 2016. I was hoping something had changed since those articles were posted. Seems like Apple is lagging behind in this. I understand security issues and all, but I have to admit, this was a nice feature on my Android, that I will surely miss. Thank you for the help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Good deal.:) I'm sure if something had changed each of our Goggle searches would have turned it up (top of the results list). I guess we will have to wait & see.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.