web site access

Reaction score
hey everyone,
imac late 2015 3.7 21.5 el cap. safari browser.. recently some websites are hard to load and some have stopped loading altogether, bbc, links on google,beach balling on pirate bay.....provider bsnl has started to inject ads into some sites and this seemed to happen around the same time the problems started. this is the only anomaly i can see that could explain the loading problem.i am going through i mac network configuration so i can narrow down the problem and see if its a compatibility issue or a setting has gone wrong .. have added ad block, ad block ultimate and ghostery, am using open dns ... share point -pdf -adobe detect. - unity. are un-ticked in safari plug in preferences, ive turned the fire wall off / on nothing seems to change .......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
In Safari, click on the word Safari in the top menu bar, select Safari Extensions. Look for Ghostery and AdBlock Plus. Install both extensions and be sure to set up Ghostery, making sure you read all steps for proper set up.

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
In Safari, click on the word Safari in the top menu bar, select Safari Extensions. Look for Ghostery and AdBlock Plus. Install both extensions and be sure to set up Ghostery, making sure you read all steps for proper set up.

thanks for the reply,
they are installed and running correctly......
d

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Dennis,

Maybe you've done this too; but if not, download the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware App and run it just to exclude any malware that might of slipped through the net.

Ian

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
Dennis,

Maybe you've done this too; but if not, download the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware App and run it just to exclude any malware that might of slipped through the net.

Ian

first thing was look for virus with malware bytes...nothing....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Force Quit Safari, then hold shift down and then open Safari.

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
got safari to load it seems the cache was part of the problem ...however now the images refuse to load only on the bbc website.......... there is no question mark just a gray bbc where they should be, i will get 1 image that the top of an article but the rest dont load ......is this a java-flash problem??

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
have solved problem .......have done ~/Library/Cache reset and i think that and internal server error from bbc have located the problem .....thank you all very much
d

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.