Power

Reaction score
Recently when I plug in my iBook with the extension cord thing that came with it my iBook will charge for about three seconds then it will stop. I unplug it then plug it back in and it will start charging again for only a few seconds.

Sometimes however it will keep charging like it should. Is there anything that I can do? I have Applecare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What do you mean by charging? Actually charging (icon in the upper right hand corner saying it charging) or just the orange light.. because i have had it charge on a green light before, and also had it fully charged on a orange light, not sure why that happens but it does on all powerbooks i have ever used, don't know about ibooks though (but could be the same)

OP
S
Reaction score
The icon on the top right is showing that it is charging and the light on the cord is orange then after three or for seconds the icon turns back into the battery (without the lightning bolt) and the light is off entirely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
Samsonite said:
Recently when I plug in my iBook with the extension cord thing that came with it my iBook will charge for about three seconds then it will stop. I unplug it then plug it back in and it will start charging again for only a few seconds.

Sometimes however it will keep charging like it should. Is there anything that I can do? I have Applecare.

Something else you might want to do, inspect the power cord esp at the point where it goes into your ibook. I've had one cord fail where the cord enters the connector that plugs into the iBook. Seems like the rubber there is a bit too brittle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.