Deleting multiple contacts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes all ticked!
That is why the iPhone keeps getting the contacts back, they are syncing from iCloud. Uncheck it,, and the contacts will disappear from the iPhone.

OP
C
Reaction score
Um. Earlier in this thread I had deleted all my unwanted contacts from my MBP but that they were still all on my iPhone. I had not ticked the "messages" box. I did tick it and all the contacts also went from my phone.
Then they came back, only on my phone, and you're saying untick the box again and they'll disappear? I have unticked and yes they did go, but I'm confused, tick the box to sync them with my MBP and then un tick?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
iCloud is a syncing service (not iCloud Drive). Any device that is logged in with the same Apple ID, and the services (Calendar, Mail, Notes, etc.) are checked, will sync. When you uncheck these services, this will remove the information from the device, but not from iCloud. You would need to log in to iCloud using safari, and delete the information from there, after deselecting the service from all devices.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think I understand that ferrarr. The information is actually stored in iCloud, not on the actual device. I must check and see how I "log into" iCloud and do all the deleting there rather than on one or other device.
I'll give it a go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.