Recover Deleted Photos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
Hey, I have an Olympus C770...and I accidentaly deleted a couple of video files because I thought they were damaged.

What software is good for doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you deleted them from the camera, then they are simply lost.
If you deleted them from the computer, the the only possibility of recovering them would be a costly attempt by a third party company that specializes in this. Even then, there would be no guarantee that it could be restored.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
If the camera you are speaking of uses CF cards or other such memory instead of tapes then all is not lost if deleting was in camera.

The same software used to recover files from a computer disk can be used to recover these files.

Some came for free with a couple of my CF cards, although they are installed on my currently down laptop and I do not remember the name of them. You could try going to SANDISC's website and looking it up.

D

doubleatomix

Recovery Methods

I've had a great deal of success in recovering deleted items. The best thing you can do is run a recovery program such as Filesalvage on the 'lost' data. Unless it was securely erased, you're bound to get something back! Let us know how everything turned out.

http://www.MacHelpForum.com
Free mac help and support from Apple Certified Consultants headquartered in Chicago, IL.

Reaction score
My gf formatted my camera with photos I needed still on it a few months ago. I tried this Stellar Phoenix photo recovery program because it was the only program I could find that worked for my Mac. It worked for me on say 80% of the pics I needed. It previews images for you, so if it finds the pics you need then simply buy it. If it can't find the pics, you probably can't recover them. Try it, you dont have much to lose.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.