Calendar not responding to change in events list

Reaction score
Excuse me if I've missed a tool here for quoting AppleScript. I haven't found it.

The Calendar display does respond to the events list.

This:
tell application "Calendar" to tell calendar "TEST" to delete every event
tell application "Calendar" to return every event of calendar "TEST"
returns "{}", an empty events list as expected. But the calendar still displays the deleted events.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are you only viewing the "Test" calendar, or are you viewing "All" calendars? In the sidebar, uncheck all calendars except "Test" to view only the events within the "Test' calendar.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - yes, "TEST" is the only checked calendar

Are you only viewing the "Test" calendar, or are you viewing "All" calendars? In the sidebar, uncheck all calendars except "Test" to view only the events within the "Test' calendar.

All other calendars are off. Uncheck "TEST" and the event disappears.

By the way:, I have also tried reloading calendars = no effect.

BUT, enough about me, this doesn't happen to you or anyone else? If you delete every event through AS, do they disappear from the screen? If so, I would tryly like to see what you are doing that I am missing.

For now, the GUI approach to the menu delete is working OK. But I'd still like to know why the calendar display is not responding as events are deleted through AppleScript.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Sorry, I'm not an AppleScript user, I was just thinking out loud,

Next thought, do you have the "test" calendar as an "iCloud" calendar, or as an "on my Mac" calendar? If it is an iCloud calendar, it mat be repopulating it from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.