iChat not opening

Reaction score
For some reason I tried opening iChat today and i got the spinning beachball of death. This happened several times and eventually i just reinstalled the OS. Now when I try to open iChat, it will not open at all and the error report comes up where it gives the option of closing the application, retrying it again or sending a report to Apple.

Any ideas guys??? Everything is working fine... yahoo, msn and every other app. Really need to get this sorted asap as I use iChat for videoconf everyday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.2 GHz G4 iBook, 768 MB RAM
Maclvr said:
For some reason I tried opening iChat today and i got the spinning beachball of death. This happened several times and eventually i just reinstalled the OS. Now when I try to open iChat, it will not open at all and the error report comes up where it gives the option of closing the application, retrying it again or sending a report to Apple.

Any ideas guys??? Everything is working fine... yahoo, msn and every other app. Really need to get this sorted asap as I use iChat for videoconf everyday.

Have you tried resetting your router? I'm assuming you are behind one. I had that happen to me too before and that solved it. Hope that helps.

Or have you tried deleteing your .plist file for ichat?

OP
M
Reaction score
You're a genius!!! I reset and reconfigured the router... def did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.