New phone coming!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
This is what I do for progressive lenses...when I need something weaker/stronger to see with.:) LOL

progressive-lenses-vs-more-pairs-glasses.jpg

- Nick

p.s. Photo not me!;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Even with my glasses on I need the larger screen. A while back I got a new prescription for glasses - the kind that have no line and vary with distance. Don't know about the price for glasses in the UK but here a good pair of glasses with proper frames can easily cost $400 to $500. Not something you want to buy very often.
I feel your pain Charlie. I have a similar price range and possibly very similar prescription. In fact it's almost time for the annual checkup.

That style sheet setting you suggested has worked for me. I think I have magnification at about 125% Now if someone would just make menu choices scale a bit better on these retina screens I'd be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have never figured out why getting old is called the golden years. I have glasses to see far away when I drive and glasses for reading a computer screen and for close up reading. My computer and reading glasses are set up as a lineless bifocals. The driving classes are distance only. Can't see close, far or in between anymore. So my eye doctor loves seeing me!

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.