Wired or Wireless Keyboard?? HELP!!!!

B

Burton

Im getting an iMac in hopefully late may(as soon as my grades go up). I would like to know which is easier to use. The only thing i am worried about is that the iMac only has three usb ports. I am also going to need a printer because my printer that I used with my PC isnt compatible with a Mac OS. If the wireless is as hard to use as people tell me i will probably get the wired mouse. Please put in your two cents, it is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Whilst you only have 3 ports on the iMac, the keyboard replicates 2 ports, so by using the wired keyboard you actually gain 1 port...

But the wireless keyboard is quite nice if you prefer less clutter and is very responsive IMO.

Reaction score
I use a wireles keyboard and mouse with my Powermac G4 and find it the same as the wired versions. I actually like the mouse more! Wish they made a might mouse version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You could always just get a USB hub and expand your USB ports that way as well.

OP
B

Burton

I heard the scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse breaks easily is this true. Also i know i can get a hub thats not the problem. i want to kknow which responds better, which is easier to use... along those lines.

OP
P

pdobek

I have the wireless keyboard and it works very well. The only complaint I have is that it takes a few seconds to "talk" with the Mac when I restart.

The only other issue I have is when I boot into Windows mode - but that's probably an issue with Windows and not the keyboard. When I boot into Windows I have to turn the keyboard off and on again to use it.

- Paul

OP
M

MJGUK

Bluesmudge said:
Wish they made a mighty mouse version.
QFE!

I also prefer the Wireless setup and I find the keyboard to be A) Very responsive and B) Extremely undemanding on the battery front :)

Reaction score
while you gain 1 USB port from using the mac keyboard (assuming you don't plug in a mouse?), bear in mind that the 2 usb ports on the mac keyboard aren't high powered. in other words, they won't charge your ipod, for example

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.