2008 Intel MacPro Browser issues

Reaction score
I run the above machine and have had a good experience with it since purchasing it new about 8 years ago. Unfortunately I have come to the realization that support for my browsers, mainly Firefox is coming to an end and I am already having issues with it. I use the MacPro for desktop publishing, mainly Adobe CS4 Photoshop and Indesign which runs great with no issues. It seems absurd that I would have to consider basically scrapping my trusty mac for the sake of upgrading to a new mac just so I can run the current browsers. It currently runs Snow Leopard which I have heard from reliable sources, is the most robust version of the Mac OS for this generation of macs. Anyone in a similar situation? I really want to avoid upgrading my hardware as I am a miserly old-school graphics guy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You forgot the most important information - why has the machine not been upgraded?

That model will run up to OS X.11 El Capitan. Suggest upgrading from the App Store. Snow Leopard is so old and being refused access to financial and high security sites.. OS X.11 will run Safari 10 compared to your Safari 5.

Reaction score
The machine is a MacPro3,1. I currently run Adobe CS4 and am not sure if this is compatible with Mavericks or later OS.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Sterling11 and Sterling1

What's with the two different identities? The system has already flagged you and it will ban you automatically - so what's going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Your problem is Adobe abandon CS4 some years ago. They find it easier to sock users for CS5.and then CS6, using the subscription monthly payment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I can say Adobe CS4 worked OK in El Capitan, but it was better with earlier versions of Mac OS X/Mac OS.

You can dual boot the Mac, keeping your current set up. Partition the drive and install El Capitan on the second partition, or even a second drive if you wanted to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.