Canon A620, my new toy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
Well, I pulled the trigger and went with the Canon A620. Haven't had to much time to play around with it just yet. Mainly I've been reading up on taking full advantage of all the manual controls. I did get a chance to take a few sample pictures the other day.

Some initial impressions are:
The camera feels really solid and has a good grip (something I felt was lacking from the SD550). Not really a pocket camera seeing that it's not as sleek as the SD series. I'm really pleased with the look of the pictures. I'm sure once I master using the manual controls and get a hang for it, it will produce some impressive pictures.

The battery life seems exceptional. I've been playing with the camera on and off for the past 3 days. I had the camera on for about an hour yesterday outside taking some pictures and it's still working fine today on the cheap alkaline batteries supplied.

Along with the camera I picked up a 1gig SD card from Corsair (on sale at Fry's) and some rechargable AA's.

Might have to pick up a small camera case as well.

Mind you, I'm no professional photographer or amateur by any means but here are few sample pics.

grandma.jpg

flowerdetail.jpg

flowerbud.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
look pretty good! have fun! what do you use for editing software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
New toys are fun. You have already discovered the amazing quality of macro shooting with those cameras, DOF that goes on forever.

OP
BigBear
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
Thanks guys, yeah it's great fun. As far as editting software I'm using just a basic program called PhotoEdit along with iPhoto. I think I may ditch PhotoEdit for PhotoElements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.