First gen Imac G5 wont turn on...

S

scarzie

Hey guys, im not sure if this problem has occurred before, but I have searched and haven't found anything, so if it has been covered, try and point me in the right direction...

I have a first gen 2 ghz 20" imac G5. The other day, the screen went grey, and a bunch of code came up, and on the bottom a message came up that said "Panic: we're hanging here..." and the fans started blowing extremely loudly. I immediately restarted the computer, and it was fine. Now, whenever I try to turn the computer on, it either stays in the white apple screen when turning on and after a few minutes the fans come on, or I get that same message, so I can turn it on, but never even get to the login page. Help please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
scarzie said:
Hey guys, im not sure if this problem has occurred before, but I have searched and haven't found anything, so if it has been covered, try and point me in the right direction...

I have a first gen 2 ghz 20" imac G5. The other day, the screen went grey, and a bunch of code came up, and on the bottom a message came up that said "Panic: we're hanging here..." and the fans started blowing extremely loudly. I immediately restarted the computer, and it was fine. Now, whenever I try to turn the computer on, it either stays in the white apple screen when turning on and after a few minutes the fans come on, or I get that same message, so I can turn it on, but never even get to the login page. Help please!
If it"s still under warranty contact Apple because it sounds very much like mine did when the mid plane assembly had to be replaced. They were very efficient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook g6908 20mhz, no ram what so ever, no graphics/screen, currently covered in dog ****
the pixie fairies must've pulled the wire out the back

Reaction score
I think you might have suffered iSpontaneous iMac iCombustion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.