18.4" Samsung View Tablet

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I know that this may seem like an odd thing to post on an Apple/Mac forum;)...but hey...nothing wrong with some diversity!:) When I see something cool...I like to share.

This is about the Samsung Galaxy View. Basically it's an 18.4" (1920 x 1080) Android tablet. The wife & I have one...and we almost exclusively use it as a portable TV. We move it with us from one room to another room as we do things...which allows seemless/uninterupted watching of TV shows. Living room...to kitchen...to dining room...to laundry room...to basement...to bedroom...to bathroom...etc.

What makes it kind of a cool device (IMHO) is:

- 18.4". Not too small & not too large for 1 or multiple person viewing.
- Pretty light (just under 6 pounds).
- Gets 8+ hours of battery life.
- Has a built in slotted handle on the back for very easy "grab & go" moving from location to location.
- Has a built in "convertible stand" on the back. The stand pivots in the middle. In position #1...it acts as a stand for table top viewing. In position #2...it acts as a slanted stand for laptop use.

My main reason for posting is. The 32gig WiFi version is currently on sale for $399.99 at Samsung.com:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/ta...w-18-4-32gb-wi-fi-black-sm-t670nzkaxar/#specs

As I mentioned. We mainly use it as a portable TV watching device. But it's really an 18.4" tablet...so it does anything a tablet can do.:)

Snap one up if it appeals to you.:)

- Nick

p.s. One special detail I should mention. It does not contain a gyroscope. Thus it's viewable in the horizontal orientation only (no vertical orientation).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Personally Nick with Samsung problems with cameras, fridges, hard drives .. I will never own anything Samsung again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Pretty neat Nick. Does it support other Android apps like the Galaxy phones? BTW, I can't imagine why anyone would want to view it in portrait mode.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.