Changing the value in a column back to a whole number

Reaction score
Hi

I am a relatively new user of Excel for Mac and I have what is probably a simply question. I am using a formula to multiply an entire column of numbers by one single digit. I have used one spreadsheet to do this calculation and now I want to copy the end result numbers from this spreadsheet back to my main spreadsheet. The only problem is I do not know how to make the numbers transfer. When I copy and paste the end result I am getting zero's on my main spreadsheet because the copy function is copying the formula and not the actual number. I guess my question is how do I convert the end result numbers that I am seeing in my column of cells to actual numbers instead of the original formula that I used to get the numbers so that I can copy and paste the actual numbers to another spreadsheet? I hope that explains my situation in enough detail.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There are a number of ways to so this. I believe there is also a way to fix things so that as formulas and values in one sheet are changed the result is mirrored to a second sheet. Ither members will be able to explain that. In the meantime give this a read. The beginning talks about formulas but later in the article it explains how to paste just values not formulas

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.