TrackPad don't work when I use Onyx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
Everytme I use Onyx, TrackPad don't work after restart, I have to press shut down button few times maybe 3 to get TrackPad to work?? It happens every time. Hope the developer reads this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Everytme I use Onyx, TrackPad don't work after restart, I have to press shut down button few times maybe 3 to get TrackPad to work?? It happens every time. Hope the developer reads this

Hi Ron - I run Onyx on two different Apple laptops and have not noticed the issue described - does your trackpad show problems w/ other apps or after a reboot not related to running Onyx? I doubt that the developer reads this forum so don't expect to contact him in that manner - his name is Joel Barriere and I've exchanged several emails w/ him - go to the Onyx Website and pick the 'Contact' tab - send him an email. Dave :)

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Ron - I run Onyx on two different Apple laptops and have not noticed the issue described - does your trackpad show problems w/ other apps or after a reboot not related to running Onyx? I doubt that the developer reads this forum so don't expect to contact him in that manner - his name is Joel Barriere and I've exchanged several emails w/ him - go to the Onyx Website and pick the 'Contact' tab - send him an email. Dave :)

Forgot to mention, not only my late 2013 MacBookPro, my late 2012 iMac does exactly the same

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Forgot to mention, not only my late 2013 MacBookPro, my late 2012 iMac does exactly the same

Well - important info, i.e. the same observation on different laptops; again, not my experience, so others may need to respond - I'd still try to email Joel - also, how are you running Onyx? I usually just run the 'Automation' setting - do you change or add other settings? Dave :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good point Dave. I believe Ron has changed a setting in OnyX which is why his trackpad is being disabled on both machines.

@Ron: Don't mess with the OnyX settings. Just use the defaults and let it run in automated mode.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I reboot my MBP 5 times and cannot get Trackpad to work, so I got MAC MOUSE and it works. I also Enable TrackPad and restart, still not working. Tried Pram, No good
On Onyx, I put a check on Repair Permission and System Cache so I click Default and , ran it again using Default Setting, still not working. Check Blue Tooth on Trackpad and its connected
Should I ReInstall Sierra??

Last edited:
OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its working now when I turned Blue Tooth off?? Trackpad I mean is not portable ones, Its build in on MBP is the one I m having problem so does that mean I don't need blue tooth to be set on??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Its working now when I turned Blue Tooth off?? Trackpad I mean is not portable ones, Its build in on MBP is the one I m having problem so does that mean I don't need blue tooth to be set on??

You shouldn't have to turn Bluetooth off in order to get the trackpad working. Are you using anything else around your computer that might be connected or paired with Bluetooth? This is likely something that's interfering with Bluetooth since it's happening on both of your computers.

Do you own anything else that might be connected or paired with Bluetooth? Speakers? Magic Mouse? BT Keyboard?

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You shouldn't have to turn Bluetooth off in order to get the trackpad working. Are you using anything else around your computer that might be connected or paired with Bluetooth? This is likely something that's interfering with Bluetooth since it's happening on both of your computers.

Do you own anything else that might be connected or paired with Bluetooth? Speakers? Magic Mouse? BT Keyboard?

For iMac, I have TrackPad and Keyboard runs by Bluetooth and its turned on, nothing else. My MBP has build in Trackpad means that I can turn Bluetooth off, No need for that

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Souf, can you please post your problem as a new topic rather than tagging onto an existing thread. You say you have the same problem but then say you cant login. That is a very different issue.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heres what happened, On my iMac, I use trackpad and my wife use Mouse, when I restart nothing works because Bluetooth is looking for either trackpad or mouse, while looking nothing works so I went to setting and removed mouse in blue tooth...bingo. even the mouse is off and put away, Bluetooth still looks for it unless I removed it from setting in bluetooth. Hope this helps

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Ron, maybe you should remove both the mouse and trackpad from Bluetooth then pair each device again. Are these the only Bluetooth devices you have connected?

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ron, maybe you should remove both the mouse and trackpad from Bluetooth then pair each device again. Are these the only Bluetooth devices you have connected?

Yes only 2 to bluetooth. Good Idea, Will try that. Thanks and will post back

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.