Orientation/rotation in quicktime for Ios Cameras

Reaction score
Hi im using quicktime to show the video on iphone on my imac live. It works great, except that it will only show the phone image in a vertical orientation, and i need it to show it in a horizontal orientation.

This article says it should switch automatically-
https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/record-iphone-screen-quicktime/

It says "The QuickTime recording also recognizes iPhone or iPad rotation, so you’ll see the preview window on your Mac switch aspect ratios as you rotate your device." But this is not happening for me (though i notice when i rotate the device, if i have the homescreen open then the icons on homescreen move a bit). How can i rotate the windows so that it will show it vertically?

Thanks, Dan

M

MacInWin

Dan, I tested it and it worked perfectly for me. I noted the twitch of the ions on the home screen, as you said, but when I opened an app that supported rotation, when I rotated the iPhone the view in QT rotated as well. I don't have any suggestions for you except to say it does work.

Also, your post is a bit confusing in that you first say that you need horizontal display (so-called landscape) and then you say later you want vertical (portrait).

I'm running Sierra 10.12.3, QT 10.4 and iOS 10.2.1.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.