Anyone uses Toast 7 Titanium...need to ask...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Is there a way to copy your data to a cd or dvd and then with another time to come back and copy some more files to the same cd untilit fills up? The ones I did I cannot put anything else on them and I know I am doing something wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

N

N715DP

There are two ways you could do this... one would be a multi-session cd/dvd - not sure how to do this in Toast... the other is to use an -RW disk instead of an -R. RW's are a little more expensive but can be written to over and over again, as opposed to -R's which are typically burn and done.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
That is what I want to do is use multi-session copy like what I did when i used Apollo DVD Copy software...you could always come back and record other stuff on the same CD or DVD as slong as you have the save image to used it to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Dooglla said:
That is what I want to do is use multi-session copy like what I did when i used Apollo DVD Copy software...you could always come back and record other stuff on the same CD or DVD as slong as you have the save image to used it to.

Toast Help said:
Click the red Record button and choose a recorder from the list and optional recording settings, such as "Number of Copies."
• Multi-session CDs: If you are making a data CD and would like to leave the disc "open" so you can record additional data sessions at a later time, click the Advanced tab and choose Write Session. You can now continue to add data to this CD until you have exceeded its capacity or you choose Write Disc to "close" it. Each recording session will appear as a unique disc icon on your Desktop - this is normal Mac OS behavior and is not controlled by Toast. You cannot make multi-session DVDs.
That wasn't so hard was it?

You can also do this with Disk Utility by making a Disc Image from folder command. Then select the .dmg and click burn. Make sure to check leave disc appendable.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Thanks alot...is there a software that can be used to make multi-session DVDs that is like Apollo DVD Copy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Dooglla said:
Thanks alot...is there a software that can be used to make multi-session DVDs that is like Apollo DVD Copy?
Might be possible with Disk Utility. Try it and see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.