Video type ads on Yahoo mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 inch iMac - Ventura. iPhones 8 and MacBook Air - Catalina.
Good morning everyone, I have started getting video type adverts when using my Yahoo mail. I have ABP on my browser, which is Safari with Yahoo.uk running piggyback on it, but these videos insist on running in an empty inbox etc. They do not run if I keep one email only if I delete all mail. I am running El Capitan on my Apple Mac Mini late 2012 model.
Very best regards from Keith In Derby England.

M

MacInWin

Get Ghostery from ghostery.com, set it to block everything. And you can use malwarebytes from malwarebytes.com to clean anything that has gotten through to your system. Both are free, and good.

OP
sllewk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 inch iMac - Ventura. iPhones 8 and MacBook Air - Catalina.
Hi there Jake, I hope you and your family are all well? Mavis and I are basically OK here thanks. I have downloaded and installed Ghostery, as you recommended and I am surprised that it was so simple to set up.
The result is that I am now free of the "Editor's Picks" in my email files; thank you very much indeed.
Very best regards from Keith in Derby England.

M

MacInWin

Glad that worked, Keith.

My wife and I visited the Derby area last year. We stayed in a cottage near Wirksworth. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Beautiful countryside in that area.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.