Do you use the Wireless or Wired Keyboard and Mouse

B

Burton

Im getting an iMac in hopefully late may(as soon as my grades go up). I would like to know which is easier to use. The only thing i am worried about is that the iMac only has three usb ports. I am also going to need a printer because my printer that I used with my PC isnt compatible with a Mac OS. If the wireless is as hard to use as people tell me i will probably get the wired mouse. Please put in your two cents, it is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have a wired. it takes one usb and adds 2 unpowered usb. a bluetooth keyboard might not be so bad. you can always get a cheap usb hub too.

OP
B

Burton

fearless does the wired work well?? does the mighty mouse's left and right click work well? that might be the selling point for me being a switcher from pc and all but on the wireless all you have to do is hold ctrl and left click to right click right? Or is there a two click option on the wireless? Also the scroll ball might be a selling point also. is it that big of a pain to just click on the window and scroll?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
I have wireless. I love wireless. But just be prewarned its an endless spender of money. They require the e2 lithium batteries which are about $10 for 4...it can add up. But they do last a long time.

So if you have the extra money get wireless.

OP
D

ditalush

My Mighty Mouse in in hibernation since using a regular 2 button click mouse is soo much easier! There both wired as I've had problems before with wireless accessories. Safe bet

OP
O

opium43

I use wired. I had wireless on my PC and didn't like it that much - especially seeing as wired is as good since i just compute on the desk.

Reaction score
I don't think the Mighty Mouse is available wireless, just the "old" one button Mac mouse.

Reaction score
I use the wireless kb & mouse because I hate clutter. Having said that the one thing I miss with the wired mouse is the scroll wheel/ball.

Reaction score
I am having problems with my wireless mighty mouse, I can scroll up using the tracker ball but the down movement seems to have disappeared and there does not seem to be any way of opening up the mouse to clean out the tracks which there used to be on other wireless mice, any advice?

Reaction score
I am having problems with my wireless mighty mouse, I can scroll up using the tracker ball but the down movement seems to have disappeared and there does not seem to be any way of opening up the mouse to clean out the tracks which there used to be on other wireless mice, any advice?

The answer you seek is here: How to clean your Mighty Mouse

As an aside: I purchased a pack of alcohol wipes (think "Wet Ones" but soaked in isopropyl alcohol) just to clean my trackball. Works great.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
we have two iMacs and have both - wireless and mine is wired. I prefer the wired keyboard because I use the USB port for a key. I have a logitech wireless mouse that is rechargeable as explained earlier the wireless Mighty eats batteries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo / 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / 80GB HD
I have a logitech wireless mouse that is rechargeable as explained earlier the wireless Mighty eats batteries.

When I was using my wireless Mighty, I found that Energizer Lithium e-squared batteries had a 100% better lifetime than regular batteries. Well worth the extra buck or 2 for the extra life.

(For the record, I now use a Razor gaming mouse which I love)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
1. Get a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse.
2. Get a USB hub if you have lots of USB to input into the comp.

Just the bluetooth will free up a USB. But.... The wired will also use one. But then replace that used one with one that is built into the keyboard.

Usb hub sounds like the best option as of right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.