Mactel + Soulseek

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
My father recently got a 20" Intel iMac. Now, I know that installing Nicotine for Soulseek probably isn't possible, but I've tried the nicotine.app anyway. This is the error I get in console while loading it. The app icon opens in the dock and then just closes a few seconds later. I've installed X11 as directions tell you to.

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
bash: no job control in this shell
Nicotine supports "psyco", an inline optimizer for python
code, you can get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/psyco/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sw/bin/nicotine", line 142, in ?
result = checkenv()
File "sw/bin/nicotine", line 68, in checkenv
import gtk
File "/Users/vasi/Hacking/fink-apps/Nicotine/Nicotine.app/Contents/Resources/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 33, in ?
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Nicotine.app/Contents/Resources/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gobject.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Nicotine.app/Contents/Resources/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gobject.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Is this problem specific to Intel Macs or just a general problem? Can it be fixed so that this program can run? The Soulseex client is horrible and hardly an alternative.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.