Airport Express suddenly stopped working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have an Xfinity/Comcast Gateway modem/router. I can login and manage settings. As I was in there looking at settings but not making any changes, I looked at the connected devices. One desktop is ethernet connected and one laptop is wifi connected. I also have a moca connection for two TiVo boxes. So I am not sure that messing with dhcp management would be such a good idea.

I think for the moment I will leave things as they are.

I really do appreciate one and all assisting, I was able to resolve my original problem with a work around provided here.

Hi again - been off my forums for a day and just read your post above - from our previous discussion and the fact that your new AP Extreme was setup as a 'bridge' implies that your Xfinity modem/router is presumably controlling your DHCP; then the additional info about your 2 TiVo boxes further complicates your setup - not sure that I would want to try to experiment w/ the DHCP management - if all is working to your satisfaction, then maybe a 'hands off' attitude is best - Dave :)

ADDENDUM: If you change your mind and/or if another member 'chimes in' w/ advice, please provide the model number of your Xinfinity modem/cable (so one may look up the manual) and what is the exact 'topology' of your network, i.e. what cables emerge from the Comcast router and where do they connect; how is your AP Extreme cabled; and how are the TiVo boxes setup? May help if you thread continues. Thanks again - Dave

Last edited:
OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Sent you a PM
- just responded to your PM - if willing, you might want to copy the information given there (don't need the first PS) and add as a post - I think the information might be helpful to others w/ similar questions and may also elicit responses from some 'network experts' in the forum? Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.