imovie 10: how do i flip a movie (imovie in dutch...)

Reaction score
Hi.

I recently purchased Imovie 10 and started working on trying to flip a recorded clip.

Although there are a lot of tips on how to... i can't figure it out at all!

At first, my Imovie is in Dutch so I have to know where to find the right buttons in Dutch.

I really hope someone can help me with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
How do you want to flip the clip? Do you want to flip it horizontally, so that something that was moving from left to right is now moving right to left? Or do you want to flip vertically so the clip is upside down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
It is done with a clip filter. Click on the video in the timeline then above the right hand side video window click on the three circle icon then the clip filter box. Another box will open. Select flipped and that will do it.

Here is a youtube video that shows how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toA7aQehp8s

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
It is done with a clip filter. Click on the video in the timeline then above the right hand side video window click on the three circle icon then the clip filter box. Another box will open. Select flipped and that will do it.
Thanks for that. Never noticed that it was in there.

If the OP just wants to flip the clip without using iMovie, it can also be done with Quicktime.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Even though I even clicked on this button, I never found the 'flip' option (in Dutch ' gespiegeld ;)).
I can finally finish the project.
Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Well my knowledge of Dutch is zero. I am glad I could help and you were able to translate and find what you needed. ;)

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.