Why has my notes in notes app just disappeared on my iphone 5s?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 14.38.47.png I use to type in my mbpr notes app, and it would appear on my iphone 5s, very useful, since my typing on iphone is slow, This sync wasn't done by icloud since that account is completely forgotten, PW etc. so reckon it was through my yahoo account, which is used for the Apps store too. so since I have been recently using my iphone 6+, which does have my new icloud account, it pleasantly surprised me to see that it has all my notes too, I want to have my notes on iphone 5s as well like before. how do I do this? In attachment, is the notes from my mbpr, my iphone 6+ sees all the icloud notes, not the yahoo or google notes. These notes are now blank in my iphone 5s and mbpr. so I want to have all notes in my icloud account in my yahoo or google account and see in my iphone 5s again. I thought I could just drag the icloud into the yahoo below and have it appear, but no. does someone know?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Did you recently upgrade the software on either the phone or the Mac? And, by recently, I mean since the last time you looked at the Notes app on the phone.

I forget the software updates that made you make changes on the Mac and the phones, but it wasn't more than one major version ago. Make sure that you're using the same iCloud account ID on the phone as on the Mac. Notes sync ALWAYS uses the iCloud account, but the email address that you use to sign in to iCloud doesn't have to end in @icloud.com.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.