how can i run windows

Reaction score
do you have to have an intel mac to run windows with boot camp?

or will any mac do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
Intel Mac
My advice is just stay away from Windows.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
i use windows on my iMac, it works perfect no problems, but like john said, if you went to Mac stay on Mac, better off. I use windows on my Mac, because i do alot of things on windows that i can't on Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
all the craze started happening after the intel switch, if you were always able to run windoze very few would be purchasing dells imho
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I thought the point of buying a Mac was to get AWAY from Windows? Maybe it's just me and most of the loyal Mac users here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
the point of a mac is to enjoy using it, theres nothing wrong with windows, for some users its necesarry to use windows.

J

jzeiders

I used Windows on my MacBook Pro but quickly remembered why I switched. It's just a bad operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
windows is okay... but.. if i had a mbp i wouldnt want to give up valuable hd space for it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
How to install Boot Camp and thus, Windows XP on your Intel Mac:

Click on this LINK

Follow the easy to read instructions, in english, then enjoy the best of both worlds.

If you have any questions, click on this link

Easy enough. And if you don't like Windows, don't take the time to post a question asking how to get it on your mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
You are entering a another world of security issues that could affect your Mac if not carefull. For me, I don't even need it, so I am going to keep my Mac a Mac, and not hop to the Windows side of the yard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Windows security issues will not affect Mac OSX whatsoever. Mac OS X doesn't even know that windows exists on the same computer. The security issue with window's is something easily addressable and seems more and more like a scare tactic these days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
BOO!

we should have a debate in the IRC chat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
techster82 said:
Windows security issues will not affect Mac OSX whatsoever. Mac OS X doesn't even know that windows exists on the same computer. The security issue with window's is something easily addressable and seems more and more like a scare tactic these days.

Not true, say that you were to get a virus on the Windows partition (a security issue), and the virus completely ruins the whole Hard Drive. Guess what, you just lost everything, even the Mac partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
dimagex20 said:
Not true, say that you were to get a virus on the Windows partition (a security issue), and the virus completely ruins the whole Hard Drive. Guess what, you just lost everything, even the Mac partition.

Even on Windows, this kind of aggressive Virus is extremely rare, nearly non-existant.
In the beginning days of computer viruses, this kind (or the file erasing kind) was much more common, as they were developped by really good programmers...nowadays every 12year old with some VisualBasic experience can write a virus, which is an annoyance, but one that can destroy an entire system, I haven't heard from since quite a long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avalon is right, I remember years ago hearing tales of a virus that caused your hard drive to spin so fast it failed, but I don't see how that was possible, probably just an urban legend. A hard drive is machinery, and a virus may corrupt the data on the drive but I don't see it physically causing it to fail.

If you were to get a virus, you could always reformat that particular partition never touching your OSX install. I have had Windows on my imac since the day bootcamp came out with no issues whatsoever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Hypothetically, if you need to reformat your Windows partition (for whatever reason) could that be detrimental to you OS X partition?

I just wanna say I'm not okay with that avatar. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My avatar is for people with a sense of humor. And I believe within bootcamp that you could erase the windows partition and then reinstall it without affecting any part of OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
techster82 said:
My avatar is for people with a sense of humor. And I believe within bootcamp that you could erase the windows partition and then reinstall it without affecting any part of OSX.

Good point, I could have thought that up myself, probably just distracted David's bodacious bod....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Take in Hasselhoff while you can, I believe I may change it later tonight to another one of my heros. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.