What is this app on my macbook?

Reaction score
Schermafbeelding 2017-02-17 om 10.51.35.png
Does anyone know what this application on my macbook is? I can't find it on google and i didnt install it myself (i guess) as i don't know what it is

Thanks in advance!

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

You double posted this question. That's not how to make friends with the moderators here.

Is the icon on your iPhone or Mac? You posted here and in the iPhone app area, so it's not clear what you are asking.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Threads merged - Please post your question in a single forum and the staff will move it if necessary.

The app in question has the default XCode app icon meaning that it's an app that was development locally. So you might want to ask anyone else that use your computer about it. Also check to see if you have XCode installed and if you load it up, that project might show up..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Threads merged - Please post your question in a single forum and the staff will move it if necessary.

The app in question has the default XCode app icon meaning that it's an app that was development locally. So you might want to ask anyone else that use your computer about it. Also check to see if you have XCode installed and if you load it up, that project might show up..

Thanks Ashwin for the clarification - I put a screen capture of the image in 'Google Images' and received a number of hits including one on an Intro Tutorial to Xcode - Dave :)

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I'm still unsure about whether this is a harmfull app and I should delete it.. since I dont recall downloading anything myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Do you use Time Machine or any other backup apps?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thanks for the clarification. I'm still unsure about whether this is a harmfull app and I should delete it.. since I dont recall downloading anything myself.

It is not harmful and wasn't something that was downloaded, but was somehow built on your machine. You are free to delete it by dragging the app to the trash can and emptying it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.