Got my iMac today..now might switch it for MBP.

Reaction score
Ok..I love this machine, I have had a great time all day just getting everything set up exactly how I want. The problem now is that my gf decided to get her own apt for school next Fall. I know I will be spending a lot of my time there, if I am not at work or in class I will most likely be over there. I am not going to live there, but I guess I will be there at least 3 nights a week. Now I am thinking a notebook will be more practical for me, I like having my computer to use each night, I don't want to do my stuff on her windoze machine.

What is the restocking fee and how long do I have?

My choices are to either return my brand new iMac that I love and pay a restocking fee and get a MBP. Or I could wait until the end of the summer and get a refurb 12" or 15" g4 pb. Played with a 12" in the store and it seems a bit small, but for just checking mail and doing small simple tasks it should be fine.

L

Left Face Down

If I remember correctly the restocking fee is 10% of what you payed. Go to the Apple store and look up their return policy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yup the fee is 10% so depends on how badly you want to change it for a MBP

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
If it were me and I had the money then I would get a refurb MBP at the end of the summer and keep the iMac. That way you have the best of both worlds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
I'd keep it and wait til you can afford the MBP. Or, maybe another consideration would be the new MacBook's (13.3").

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.