CREATE IN WORD COPY & PASTE TO EBAY - NO HTML

S

SublimeWitch

HELP! LOL!

I CREATED A DOCUMENT IN WORD WITH THE FONT TYPE, COLORS ETC. AND COPIED AND PASTED IT INTO MY EBAY LISTING - FOR SALE - AND NONE OF THE TEXT CHANGES, LINE BREAKS, COLORS ETC. WERE INCLUDED. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I DIDN'T DRAG IT OVER I ACTUALLY DID A "COPY AND PASTE" USING MAC KEYS.

I'VE ONLY HAD MY IBOOK FOR A WEEK NOW AND WILL SPEND A LOT OF TIME DOING EBAY LISTINGS ETC.

I'D APPRECIATE ANY HELP!

THANKS SO MUCH.
:dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i have no real clue what i am talking about but my guess is that you need to save it as a website, and then copy and paste the html code into the ebay listing in order to get fonts, line breaks, etc to work properly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
To get the colors, font, etc to appear it must be in HTML code. I suggest using dreamweaver or Front Page if you have access to either of those. Dreamweaver will allow you to creat a document, much like Word, but it writes everything you do in code automatically. You then just copy and paste the code into ebays item description pane then you are in business.

Ebay provides a short list of common html codes that you could enter manually, but it can be very time consuming, especially for someone who has not coded before.

OP
S

SublimeWitch

Why could I do it with a windows system - creating the listing in word, copying and pasting and it included the html. This is confusing. Dreamweaver is hectic. I don't need such a sophisticated editing tool, just a basic one, which is why I always used Word. Ack!

Thanks for suggestions. The more options I have, the better!

xxxxxxxx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.