Mac G3 'Molar' All in one

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to track down and buy a CRT Bezel part number 922-3438 for an all in one G3 - any help would be appreciated. Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hopefully you've tried eBay.:)

2nd suggestion. Given the low value of old G3 iMac's...and difficulty finding individual parts. You might be MUCH better off purchasing a whole G3 iMac (working or not)...to get the part you need.

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi, it's not actually an iMac and they are quite rare, on ebay anyway, they do pop up from time to time but for thousands, I'll keep hunting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The 'All in One' G3 was built along the style of the older Performa all in ones and before the release of the G3 iMac. Finding one will be difficult.

http://shrineofapple.com/blog/2011/07/30/powermacintoshg3aio/

They do come up on eBay US from time to time and here is one at $165 parts only:-

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/391694825459?rmvSB=true

And a goer for a grand:-

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Apple-Power-...422ccfd&pid=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=391694825459

And We Love Macs have some parts for the AIO so shoot them an email:-http://www.welovemacs.com/appomacg3alb9.html

Last edited:
OP
T
Reaction score
Very difficult! Managed to track down every part but this one - even considering getting it 3D printed!

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks Harry, I did try We Love Macs but they don't have the part - the problem with shipping the entire unit, especially all the way to Australia is that they never get here in one piece, plastic is so brittle! Just a waiting game until someone tears one down and sell piece by piece!

Reaction score
G3 all-in-one

I've got three of them myself, going to sell two of them whole and thinking of parting out the third on ebay. If your still looking...
Also maybe someone can help, mine are old high school G3s that are still trying to log onto the schools server and says I need the administrators name and password to change server. Any idea how to get around this?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, it's not actually an iMac and they are quite rare, on ebay anyway, they do pop up from time to time but for thousands, I'll keep hunting!

Hmmm. Not sure how I missed this. Sorry...my mistake thinking it was an iMac.

As far as eBay & "thousands". No way Jose'.;) I typically can pick them up for well under $25. If they were worth thousands...I'd have a nice boost to my retirement fund! lol

- Nick

Reaction score
G3 molar

Hmmm. Not sure how I missed this. Sorry...my mistake thinking it was an iMac.

As far as eBay & "thousands". No way Jose'.;) I typically can pick them up for well under $25. If they were worth thousands...I'd have a nice boost to my retirement fund! lol

- Nick

There is one listed for one thousand right now although they will never get that much. But since May of 2016 thru Jan. of this year five of them have sold for between 179.00-500.00. Any idea on how to fix the problem I'm having?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is one listed for one thousand right now although they will never get that much. But since May of 2016 thru Jan. of this year five of them have sold for between 179.00-500.00.

Probably nit-whits buying them with too much money....and in a hurry.;) I just checked...and yes...many of the iMac G3's are listed higher than I expected. But the question is how many are actually selling. Many have probably been listed & relisted week after week. Stiil many are $50 or less.

Any idea on how to fix the problem I'm having?

Give this a try. If the iMac G3's you have contain more than 1 RAM DIMM...pull one of them & reboot. This usually allows you to reset the password.

- Nick

Reaction score
Again I don't think you understand, these are NOT iMacs! These are Power Mac G3 all-in-ones! They were only produced from March of 1998- Sept. 1998 Only in schools, only in the United States of America. I'm telling you, as a seller of these, you are NOT finding any that have sold for that price, other than the ones that was for parts. look on any forum and you will see that the Mac G3 all-in-one is one of the most rare Apple computers out there because they were only sold to schools and only for that six month period. In September of 1998 Apple came out with the iMac!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to the pics Nick.

Imagine the old 580CD model? Same as that with a 233MHz G3. Came out before iMacs. Have seen a couple of the later 266MHz model which must have been a private import. All in One's up to the 5500 Directors Special were sold here mainly to schools as Performas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Go to the pics Nick.

Imagine the old 580CD model? Same as that with a 233MHz G3. Came out before iMacs. Have seen a couple of the later 266MHz model which must have been a private import. All in One's up to the 5500 Directors Special were sold here mainly to schools as Performas.

And don't be rude Jim.

I apologize for being snippy, but this is the PowerPC G3 233MHz 512K cache 32MB/4GB HD/24x CD-ROM M4787 version. And my original question is ; Is there any way to fix the problem with it saying server not found and then asking me to change the server by logging in with the administrator and password when this was 12 years ago and the school no longer exists. Do I need to buy a new OS disk and reinstall it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can run up to Classic OS 9.2.2, but boy it is hard finding Classic retail install CD's anymore. Do not buy any of the silver grey sets available on eBay as they are very much model specific. You may have to go to OS 8.6, then get the 9.2.1 update CD, and update via the 'net to OS 9.2.2. It will not run OS X. only the iMacs can do that and it was necessary to do all sorts of firmware updates, partitions etc.

Nothing is available on eBay.com or eBay.com.au.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Again I don't think you understand, these are NOT iMacs! These are Power Mac G3 all-in-ones! They were only produced from March of 1998- Sept. 1998 Only in schools, only in the United States of America. I'm telling you, as a seller of these, you are NOT finding any that have sold for that price, other than the ones that was for parts. look on any forum and you will see that the Mac G3 all-in-one is one of the most rare Apple computers out there because they were only sold to schools and only for that six month period. In September of 1998 Apple came out with the iMac! Pay attention son!

Sorry again. Yes...I know exactly what they are. I used to have one. Big super heavy lumps of a computer.

g3aio-128x128-transparent.png

Looks like a big molar tooth.;)

- Nick

p.s. As far as the password. Try what I mentioned above.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.