Flash online videos at apple TV

Reaction score
Hi,

Today i watch sport videos via chrome browser in my laptop with OS win10.

I want to buy apple TV but is it possible to view flash online videos via browser at apple TV?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi,

Today i watch sport videos via chrome browser in my laptop with OS win10.

I want to buy apple TV but is it possible to view flash online videos via browser at apple TV?

Hi Odedidush - welcome to the forum! :) You need to provide more information and your statements are confusing - :Smirk:

What laptop do you own? Your phrase 'OS win10' implies that you have a Windows laptop - correct? The confusion is that 'OS' is also used in the Apple world, i.e. OS X and macOS - need some clarification.

I don't own an Apple TV (have a Roku device), but one reason for such a device is to stream video from your Apple devices to your HDTV using AirPlay; so, if you have a Windows laptop, the wireless AirPlay option will not be possible; NOW, an Apple TV has many features, so check the link to see if it may serve your purposes. There are so many possibilities, so please provide information on your HDTV - mine is Wi-Fi compatible w/ plenty of built-in choices for AV streaming. Dave

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi Dave, thank you for the respond.
i have Dell 5000 series lapto with windows laptop (win10) .
what i know so far is that airplay app stream the media from iphone to apple TV.
I have iphone but i didnt succeed to watch flash using the iphone so it is not a solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Dave, thank you for the respond.
i have Dell 5000 series lapto with windows laptop (win10) .
what i know so far is that airplay app stream the media from iphone to apple TV.
I have iphone but i didnt succeed to watch flash using the iphone so it is not a solution.

Hello again and thanks for the information and clarification - first, tell us about your iPhone (model and iOS installed); second, you likely know that iOS which is on your iPhone does not support Adobe Flash (a Steve Jobs thing - ;) ) - there are some options - look HERE - SO, you may be stuck - however, any non-Flash video that can play on your iPhone could be streamed to an Apple TV using AirPlay - Dave :)

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
i have iPhone 5 , iOs version:10.2.1.
i download Puffin web browser that support flash to my iPhone and it play the live flash videos.
now , in order to see it at apple TV i need to use airplay,correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Dave,
i have iPhone 5 , iOs version:10.2.1.
i download Puffin web browser that support flash to my iPhone and it play the live flash videos.
now , in order to see it at apple TV i need to use airplay,correct?

Hello - yes, I have Puffin on my iPad Air 2 - appears to use a cloud-based Flash simulator to mimic the Adobe feature. The 'AirPlay' link given previously explains the process, i.e. both your phone & the AppleTV need to be on the same Wi-Fi network, and the AppleTV connected to your TV w/ a HDMI cable. Before investing in the Apple device and a cable and if you're still not sure of the process working w/ the Puffin Flash simulator, I guess you could visit an Apple store and a Big Box place, like Best Buy - get on their Wi-Fi network w/ your phone and try to play a video to one of their connected HDTVs? But should work 'as advertised.' Good luck - Dave :)

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks Dave,
appreciate it :)
i will definitely do it .
can you please explain what means "a cloud-based Flash simulator to mimic the Adobe feature" ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Dave,
appreciate it :)
i will definitely do it .
can you please explain what means "a cloud-based Flash simulator to mimic the Adobe feature" ?

Not sure that I can really give you the technical details - below is a short quote from the Puffin Website - I'm assuming that when a request to run a 'Flash-needed' video or game, Puffin's servers remotely provides the needed animation/interaction which is sent back to your iOS device - you might want to check the link to see if there is further information? Dave :)

Puffin Browser presents you the remote Flash execution technology that you can watch videos, play games, and tap into an endless sea of Flash content, all by running the latest Flash on cloud.

Reaction score
the apple tv do no have a browser but you could use programs such as airparrot to mirror your chrome browser to the tv
though if that is all you would be doing then maybe a chrome cast would suit your purpose better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.