• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Macintosh Macro/Bot

K

kratzy

Hello all! I am looking for some kind of macro or bot or program or whatever that will generate a mouse click every few minutes. I've googled and looked into some progs, but none of them were mac compatible. If anyone could lend a hand I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
We could probably help you a little more if you told us what this will be used for.

There is program called Jigglerthat moves the mouse every few minutes, but other than that I don't know of one that would click. I used to use this if I wanted my computer to not go to sleep/screensaver. Is that what you're going to use it for?

OP
K

kratzy

surfwax95 said:
We could probably help you a little more if you told us what this will be used for.

There is program called Jigglerthat moves the mouse every few minutes, but other than that I don't know of one that would click. I used to use this if I wanted my computer to not go to sleep/screensaver. Is that what you're going to use it for?

That's exactly what I'll be using it for. Also I am usually disconnected from some online games if I go idle for more than five minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, there you go! That program works perfectly. Oh and Welcome to the Forums! :mac:

OP
K

kratzy

surfwax95 said:
Well, there you go! That program works perfectly. Oh and Welcome to the Forums! :mac:

Thanks! But.. I need an actual mouse click, not a mouse movement. That Jiggler woulda been perfect. So if anyone can suggest anything, that'd rock and I'd be owing some favors. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's been a while since I've worked with AppleScript (and I'm not on a Mac right now to try it out first), but open your Applications folder, then open AppleScript, then open ScriptEditor.app. Then type the following:

tell app "system events"
repeat
delay 60
click
end repeat
end tell

Wow, that doesn't look right, it's been a while...but try it out and if you don't get any errors, save it as an app and run it. It should wait 1 minute (you can change that "60" to whatever you want) and then click, then repeat until you close the program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
You could try loading a site in the background when you are playing online games like http://www.newsnow.co.uk which refreshes every five minutes on the dot.

Or perhaps you could set up your mail program to check for mail every 4 or 5 minutes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.