photo/video trfr app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
sometimes i copy photos/videos to macbook air to specific folders for safekeeping to work on in future.
then delete from iPhone to ensure i have room for more

it has happened that i would like to have some of those photos/videos back on phone to show others.
could not figure out how to copy from macbook air to iPhone or iPad.

i found apps on iPad air.....which says it will allow this. tho i have not tried it.

photo/video trfr app 3.99
simple trfr free
photo trfr wifi free

tho only one similar (photo trfr) of these show when i search on macbook air.

when one downloads app from iPad....are the options shown only for iPad? or iPhone?

why do these not show on macbook air app search?
what on earth am i missing?
why are apps on macbook air different than apps on iPad air?

still learning apple and trying out all new and different options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
sometimes i copy photos/videos to macbook air to specific folders for safekeeping to work on in future.
then delete from iPhone to ensure i have room for more

it has happened that i would like to have some of those photos/videos back on phone to show others.
could not figure out how to copy from macbook air to iPhone or iPad.

i found apps on iPad air.....which says it will allow this. tho i have not tried it..............

Hello Lori.... - photo transfers between OS X & iOS devices can be tricky - to go in either direction iTunes on your computer is certainly an option - see the first image below - I've cabled my iPad Air 2 to my Mac laptop and opened iTunes, then selected 'Photos' - if you've not used iTunes check the circled link; also, be careful of the 'Sync..' option (I dislike the feature). There is an app in OS X (usually in the 'Other' folder in Finder) called 'Image Capture' - cabling your camera or iDevice will allow easy transfer of photos to your computer (see second image), however, does not work in the other direction.

Last year I left a post in the iPad Forums HERE that discusses many other choices for manipulating photos - take a look at the link, post #6 (I'm 'giradman' there) - good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 1.24.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 1.26.14 PM.png

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i am revisiting this post as I have a new problem.
in past i could just plug in my iPhone to macbook air and option to copy pics popped up and they automatically went into iPhoto....i think...cant remember the exact steps now. i didn't like them going automatically into iPhoto so i found a way to copy to the folder of my choice. great.

except now when i plug in my phone to macbook, i see that it recognizes my iPhone but none of the photos/videos i have on it. see pic of what it look like. clicking on any one of those folders provides me with nothing.

i would like to copy files to my macbook but cannot get macbook to recognize content on my iPhone.
i may have turned something off in settings either in my phone or macbook.

any idea what i have done wrong?

grrr the more i learn about my macbook air and iPhone...the more i get myself into trouble!!

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 2.31.43 PM.png

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Lori

If you want to save your iPhone's pictures/videos to a Folder of your choice on your Mac (rather than iphoto/Photos), why not use Image Capture (found in Applications)? It will recognise your iPhone, you can see your pictures etc and you can select those you want to transfer and where you want to Save them.

Ian

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks ian...i can try that out also.
i racked my brain trying to remember how i did it previously. played around and did manage to figure out how to do it.

iPhotos is replaced by photos. need to create a new library so pics/videos can be imported.
plugged phone into macbook and discovered cannot select and drag/drop....have to import into library folder
once that is done...can select, move and/or delete whatever pics/videos i want to wherever i want.
ultimately will copy all to an external drive for safe keeping.

but i will try out Image Capture and see if that is easier.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks IWT
using image capture works like a charm in copying pics from iPhone to macbook.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks Ian i shall look into that. sometimes when one gets new gadgets...they only use a minute part of it and not realize that there is a whole gamut of other things it can do. thanks for the heads up.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hi am back again after updating to 11.0.3....such a big difference i find.
i have tried using Image Capture to copy pics from iPhone to macbook but the only option is to import
and am not sure where they are imported.
i did an import via iTunes (which I am not a fan of) and it just created a photo library and that is what i do not want. i want pics to go to my own folder in pictures folder.

i have read about AutoImporter.app in system library which seems to be an easy way to do this.
any comments on this app
and how do i access it

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh silly me...i just found the box at bottom of image capture where i could enter my own folder location ...talk about feeling dumb!!!

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.