Core Solo Mini OR imac G5??

V

vantully

Definately switching over but starting with my kids system first since I'm sick of having to reload XP every 6 friggin weeks because it's choked up with garbage off the net...

Having some difficulty in deciding what to give her to use...either one will be more than plenty for what she needs (itunes, IM's, email)..

The new Intel Mini Solo or a used G5....both will be about the same money and we don't necessarily need the monitor (multiple extra 15" lcd's laying around)....but the Imac's are soooo sweet looking being all in one BUT the Intel Mini's are very tempting too...
I'm kinda leaning more towards the used G5 but heck I don't know...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
To be honest with you, I think that even a G5 is overkill for what she needs. A friend of mine has a "Daisy" iMac G4 and she loves it to death. They look cool, are fast enough to do the things she needs, and they're cheap.

More details and specs here.

An example of the price on eBay.

You'll spend a lot less money getting a G4 and upgrading RAM than you will getting a G5. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
That would run everything you mentioned perfectly fine, albeit a little slower than the one I posted. I really would recommend getting at least a 1Ghz processor, seeing as how even some web pages now are fairly processor intensive.

Like I said previously, though, even if you get a decked out G4, you'll still save a lot of money compared to a G5.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.